This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to Uninstall Older Version of C-46

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to Uninstall Older Version of C-46
    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 11:12pm
When I go to Control Panel, Programs, and select the C-46 to uninstall it so I can install the latest update,  I get the following error message:

RunDLL

There was a problem starting C:\Program.  The specified module could not be found.

Any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thank you,

Gary
Lewicide View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 6:19am
See if it has already been uninstalled
Look in fsx/simobjects/arcraft
rosariomanzo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosariomanzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 8:41am
I've had this problem too some days ago. I've simply deleted the relevant folders in FSX and used Ccleaner to remove the entry in istalled applications.

gwhess View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gwhess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 12:49am
Originally posted by rosariomanzo rosariomanzo wrote:

I've had this problem too some days ago. I've simply deleted the relevant folders in FSX and used Ccleaner to remove the entry in istalled applications.

Thanks, that worked.  Appreciate your help.

Gary
rosariomanzo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosariomanzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 8:07am
You're welcome

Craig.Haskell View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig.Haskell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:06am
This is actually caused by a windows update. 

Uncertain at this time as to which one it is.  It stops the uninstaller in the control panel looking in the right directory for the relevant uninstaller
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic