This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tool Tips Issue and GTN Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tool Tips Issue and GTN Lighting
    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 4:47pm
When I waver the mouse over the AP selector, where you can choose AP mode, it comes up as something about "Altitude Hold Disabled" ....

Why is this ? Confused

I believe this Archer only has a 1-axis AP, and it 'aint Altitude !

Secondly, I realise the cockpit lighting is pretty "decade ago", but why is my GTN 750 so dim as well ?

Even in daylight, with lights all off, it is REALLY dark ! Angry

Thnx

P.S. These two issue are my only problems, (Clap) ...  the rest is very nice, ALTHOUGH I think the dirty windscreen and reflections are a little overdone - but I guess that is rather subjective !  Wink

malexdu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malexdu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 8:47am
If you use the middle mouse wheel and push in (click) then this will enable or disable altitude hold. The real Arrow does not have an altitude hold, but Just Flight have added this for convenience. Alternatively you could read the manual.
Happy Flying.
P3Dv4
GabethePilot View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 9:45am
Aha.... that explains it thankyou.

Read the manual ?

Hehe. Lol.

I'm a bloke.... we don't read manuals.

thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 5:47pm
Some of us blokes read manuals - it's amazing how much you can learn from them!
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 7:48am
Not if they are written in Taiwanese.

And if you haven't got a couple of bits left over, you haven't done it right.

maddog320 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:42am
Did you ever get a fix for the dim GTN 750?? I have the same problem with mine it looks darker 
maddog320 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:14am
OK my light in my GTN got fixed on its own :)
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:02am
Nah....nice plane badly let down by the vc lighting.

But I have pretty much moved over to A2A to be honest. And the superb Dash 8 of course !

Once you get a couple of A2A GAs in your hangar, not much else gets a look in. They are the PMDG of GAs....

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by maddog320 maddog320 wrote:

OK my light in my GTN got fixed on its own :)

We have recently updated the installer to address some minor GTN/GNS compatibility issues such as the low brightness.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:42am
Be nice if you updated the instrument and dash lighting, as to be vulgarly honest guys..... the red glow really is 10 years ago.

Come on.... and with respect.... decent, independent panel/gauge lighting is pretty 'derigeur' nowadays.

With good lighting, this is a 9/10 aircraft, but as it is..... well, I rarely use it....which is a shame.

It is no longer realistic, to blame "FSX limitations". Most developers, have - for a long time - produced VCs with independent lighting (backlit gauges and panel), AND have (long) overcome the issue with not being able to switch lights on during the daytime.

There really is no excuse, particularly on a premium aircraft add-on.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic