This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado is Freakin Awesome !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tornado is Freakin Awesome !
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 4:08pm
I went from FSX to P3dv3. Nice improvement. Trouble was VAS was still killing me at Payware airports.

Go for P3dv4.1.

Not only is it VAS worry free, its faster too!

I am still on Windows 7 though, so YMMV? I have herd various stories about W10?

Cheers!

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

GabethePilot View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 12:52pm
Yes all this drm stuff is like a disease. And, ironically, it just encourages piracy. Just look at Denuvo !

Anyhow, I am actually installing P3D next week. Gonna melt my plastic. Sick of FSX. The latest Windows Fall update completely broke it. Unbelievable !

Every time I click on a menu item, window, whatever, I get the 'Error Opening Child Windows'errors. It is just random too....sometimes does it, sometimes not. Pain.

Apparently, it is only affecting 32 bit programs.

At least with P3D, if Windows issues arise, they will be fixed...... hopefully !

Cheers.

Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by GabethePilot GabethePilot wrote:

The terrain hugging feature would be nice.... but, to be fair, 700 mph at 30 fps, may be asking a little too much of the sim ?

Agreed about P3D v4.... I'm still holding off on the switch from FSX, as so much still isn't P3D v4 native. Shoe-horning stuff into 64 bit P3D v4 is asking for problems.

No, go for P3dv4...You'll never look back! Just use high quality products.

On the subject of Terrain Following...

I recently bought the SSW Tornado. That has a custom map system which permits a super smooth Terrain Following. The topography maps and terrain maps are downloaded from SSW and installed into the sim folder. The Tornado sim then references these topography maps instead of the actual flight sim maps. This works remarkably well and very smooth on P3dv3.

I had to abandon the SSW simulation due to issues with VAS. In P3dv3 I rapidly ran out of VAS. It was my fault for buying it for P3dV3. Now I have v4 there is no VAS issues, but I am loath to buy the SSW Tornado sim again....They don't do Just Flight upgrades unfortunately. The other issue I had with the product was a statement in their site that there would not be any further development of the sim. It was half finished! No rear seat and no auto pilot function! The Terrain Following worked in a CWS mode. So you had the lateral control of the jet, whilst the terrain following did its stuff!

The other issue, (may as well be honest here) was with the registration and install of the SSW product. They had to have an open link through my firewall to access their systems?? Also a PC machine specific code required to be placed on my PC?? Sorry, but this I find totally unacceptable! Why do they need open firewall access to my PC...For a flight simulation? No other simulation I know of needs this! I am a suspicious old bod, but I didn't care for this..

So here's looking forward to the JF Tonka!

Cheers
David

First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:26am
The terrain hugging feature would be nice.... but, to be fair, 700 mph at 30 fps, may be asking a little too much of the sim ?

Agreed about P3D v4.... I'm still holding off on the switch from FSX, as so much still isn't P3D v4 native. Shoe-horning stuff into 64 bit P3D v4 is asking for problems.

Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 9:18am
Agree the Just Flight Tornado is rather good!

I really need the P3dv4 version, since I Oom 2hen over Orbx Germany North!

Only improvement needed is the Terrain Following needs to be smoother. It's over sensitive in v3.

Cheers!

First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 11:34am
Thought the awards were likely to be biased as the reviews were written by "Fans" of the Tornado.

How wrong and cynical was I ! ?

Very impressed !

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic