Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Prepar3D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photographic Scenery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photographic Scenery
    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 3:03pm
Will you be updating your VFR Photographic Scenery for Prepar3d? Neil
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 7:59pm
You should be able to install the current one fairly easily. Run the installer and install it to a folder somewhere, and then use the Scenery Library to set P3D up to use it. 
It's getting pretty long in the tooth though, almost like its time to start thinking about a new version. Thumbs Up
neilb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 6:43am
Yea I've done that and it works great, just thought you would maybe do something to improve the graphics.
Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 8:50am
Quote It's getting pretty long in the tooth though, almost like its time to start thinking about a new version Thumbs Up

That is an interesting comment, Rich. You make it sound like a new version is in development....
neilb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 1:13pm
Best scenery in the world you gotta believe it. I can be your beta tester! Neil
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:23pm
Neilb & Rich.

I have Horizon VFR Photo Scenery GenX vol 1,2 & 3 version 3. I hear it works OK in V4.1. How do I install and set it up so the VFR GenX folder is outside the sim ? My skills at this stuff are limited so a numpty style guide would be welcome !  Same question for UK2000 Airports ?

Thanks.
Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.
neilb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:30pm
I'm not sure with horizon but I thin the installation program looks for fsx.exe to install if I remember, it's a while since I used it. maybe you have fsx on your computer if so install it through that that then simply point the scenery library in Prepar to that folder.
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:22pm
Thanks Neil. I created a new folder on my G: drive where all things flight sim live and named it P3D VFR GenX, I dumped FSX so the Horizon installer placed all the files in there no problem. Is it now a simple case of going into the P3DV4 scenery library, "Add Area" browse to it or enter this, G:\P3D VFR GenX as the new area name ?

Rich, please jump in and let me know how you did it ?

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.
neilb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 23 minutes ago at 6:37am
Good glad it worked. Neil
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 37 minutes ago at 11:23am
Hi Neil, not working yet, note my question to you in my last post.

IanHenry View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 5 minutes ago at 1:55pm
What you will need to do is install FSX temporarily, install your photo scenery, run FSX then go to C/Program Data/Microsoft/FSX and open the scenery cfg file.
You will find all the entries for your photo scenery at the bottom of the text, there will probably be quite a few, copy those entries.
Then open your P3D scenery cfg file (C/Program Data/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3Dv4) and paste those entries at the end of the text.
You will then need to change the numbers on each entry both the [Area.?] and layer? save it and you are then sorted. I'd make a backup of your Scenery.cfg before I alter it if I was you.
You can now uninstall FSX. 
Simple really.

Ian

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic