This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JF Tornado GR1 or SSW Tornado

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JF Tornado GR1 or SSW Tornado
    Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 6:15pm
I tried the demo.

I don't think this product is for me.

Thank you for the help.

Regards

David
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Herky Herky wrote:

Thanks Martyn and Thomas.

It would be nice to have it working in P3dv3 before I splash out on V4? I know you JF guys doe multi installers for V3 and V4 if you can, so that's a plus. The SSW looks like its V3 only??

I am having a look on You Tube and there isn't much to sell either products to me!

People moaning about the early release of the JF GR1? Then the usual batch of folks who don't have much of a clue what's going on!

The SSW looks a bit of a mystery, since I think you need something else downloaded before the moving map will work?

Perhaps I will try the JF Demo?

Cheers
David

Yes try our demo. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

We concede that it was possibly released a little early, with a few issues still to be ironed out.  A genuine oversight on our part but it was all sorted out as quickly as possible and now the vast majority of users are more than happy with it.  We think you will be too but you can be the judge of that with the demo.

Good luck!
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:12pm
Thanks Martyn and Thomas.

It would be nice to have it working in P3dv3 before I splash out on V4? I know you JF guys doe multi installers for V3 and V4 if you can, so that's a plus. The SSW looks like its V3 only??

I am having a look on You Tube and there isn't much to sell either products to me!

People moaning about the early release of the JF GR1? Then the usual batch of folks who don't have much of a clue what's going on!

The SSW looks a bit of a mystery, since I think you need something else downloaded before the moving map will work?

Perhaps I will try the JF Demo?

Cheers
David

ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:43pm
There is a demo available for the JustFlight Tornado. Try it, it is a nice bird.

I don't know the SSW Tornado, so I can't compare these two. But if weapons are not important for you, maybe have a look at the Milviz Advanced Series: T-38A Talon, which includes an external FDE? Heavier price tag though.

Edit: The T-38A is availabe in JustFlight's store, too.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:02pm
Hi David,

Our Tornado GR1 should be updated for v4 within the next few weeks.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:50pm
OK, so I am perusing the Just Flight shop for something different. Currently in P3d V3 and may possibly go for V4 in the new year?

I see a Tornado from a company called Sim Skunk Works, at £39.99 and the Just Flight GR1 for £29.99.

Is anyone flying these sims that can offer a comparison and say which they think is the best simulation of a Tornado?

Money aside, I am mostly interested in systems being modelled and especially navigation and terrain following. Graphical clarity comes next. Within the limitations of the ESP (P3d) engine, a realistic effect of inertia and flying would be nice to have.

The SSW can use the Tacpack add on. Tacpack add on looks expensive at £40 for a couple of effects (Bombs and Sidewinders in the SSW...also it wont work in P3dv4?), so the Tacpack add on is largely irrelevant to my choice. (Blowing stuff up is a DCS thing anyway!)

Anyone any advice?

Best Regards
David

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic