This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HS-748 "Selling the 748"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UPYONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HS-748 "Selling the 748"
    Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:49am
For those who might be interested in some history of flight testing and selling of the HS-748, here is a book that was written by Tony Blackmon, an AVRO test pilot. Chapter 6 is of particular interest: "Selling the 748."  I found the book on Amazon Kindle and purchased it mainly to retrace some of the remote airfields that were used to demonstrate the aircrafts suitability to replace the DC-3. Other chapters are also informative on aircraft that Tony flew and adventures throughout his career. 

"Flight Testing to Win," by Tony Blackman, currently available both as an e-book and paperback.
MRM
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:26pm
Yes a very good book. I was surprised by Howard Hughes being a big 748 fan.

UPYONDER View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UPYONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:12am
Hi petesmiffy,

I was interested in your comment about Howard Hughes (I had not read chapter 7, "Howard Hughes"), and was totally surprised to read about his training in the 748. I had watched the movie "The Aviator" a number of years ago and did not have a clue that he had returned to flying, for a short time, later in life! 
MRM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic