This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problems assigning button functions with FSUIPC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems assigning button functions with FSUIPC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabs79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems assigning button functions with FSUIPC
    Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 10:13pm
Hi,
I recently bought the piper pa 28 arrow iii and turbo arrow bundle for Prepar3d v4 and encountered some problems. I have a small generic homecockpit setup which I use for many different GA aircraft (default, A2A, RealAir or the JustFlight BN-2 Islander). I normally use FSUIPC to assign all aircraft functions to various hardware switches and buttons so I never have to use the mouse during a flight. But with the PA 28 Arrow III this didn't work for the first time. Some of the functions are easy to set up, for example I can control the Piper's lights, Pitot heat and fuel pump using the respective FSUIPC offsets. But the ignition /magneto switch cannot be controlled by button presses assigned within FSUIPC, even though I use the exact same fs control that the event log shows when I turn the ignition using the mouse (Magneto1 set). Also, the main battery switch can only be operated using the "Toggle Master Battery" command, while it should also be possible to turn the battery on and off using the FSUIPC Offset 3102 Byte set command with the parameter 0 for off and 1 for on. At least this works in all my other aircraft and is much more precise than the Toggle command which doesn't respect the actual switch position. So is there any way to map those functions to hardware buttons? I hate using the mouse for starting up the aircraft, and I hope there is a way to resolve this issue.

Thanks and best regards,

Fabian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic