This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA-28R Arrow III for X-Plane 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n85988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 1:16am
I recently purchased the Turbo Arrow III/IV, and all I can say is WOW!!! What a wonderful aircraft.  I'm a Cessna pilot, having many hours in real world Cessnas.  Cessnas are my planes of choice, especially the 172 and 182.  After watching many videos of the X-Plane Arrows, I kept noting how realistic it looks in the videos, so I decided to buy it.  I figured I'd fly it a few hours and go back to flying my C172.  Low and behold, I still find myself going right for the Arrow.  It is such a beautiful piece of art.  You have done an outstanding  job with this plane, both inside and out. If only you would do a Cessna 172 or 182, I would be in heaven.  But at least I have this Arrow now, and I just Love it,  absolutely Love it.   Thank you so much for such a wonderful aircraft.
Well, Back to Flying!

n85988
Hamsammich View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamsammich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:54am
Martyn,

First off, it's lovely. I sometimes fly a RW Arrow II and your model of the III is superb. Just one request, which I know is a hassle, but would really make the plane more useful as a desktop trainer--especially given the ability to incorporate top-notch GTNs. Please give the option for a simple HSI. And perhaps an RMI. Not even a flight director. These days with GPS flying, an HSI is so much more useful. I know this was modeled on a specific tail-number, but it really no longer reflects the equipment on many Pipers today, which have had at least some panel updates in the last two decades.

Not asking for an Aspen stack, or a Garmin setup, just an HSI to make IFR flying, especially IFR hand-flying, less fiddly.

Best,

Marshall
Mickie Mac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickie Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 10:50pm

I have over 700 hours in a very similar equipped Piper Arrow III and I find your sim version very close to the real thing.  I use the sim version to stay proficient in type especially on IFR approaches. It is an excellent simulator and I am very pleased with my purchase.

Have a few problems that I can’t find addressed in the forums.

1.      SIM Arrow hard to trim and maintain trim versus real aircraft.  Is there any way to project trim wheel elsewhere so I can see it in my scan (like you do the auto pilot buttons). I think at times it appears to change itself (trim up) without manual input.

2.      Manifold pressure readings too low for indicated air speed readings. I like to do approaches by the numbers.

Auto Pilot works great. Any chance you can incorporate an auto pilot disengage bottom as a yoke option.

I am still working on Yaw sensitivity using my CH pedals. Keep readings on 15% control and 15% augmentation until someone can tell me what the least sensitive positions are.

I use an extreme 3D pro joy stick and have assigned the nose wheel tiller to the twist feature and this helps a lot in the runway environment.

Suggest you install a hard switch single axis auto pilot like the Genesys Aerosystems SYSTEM 30 ALT. Current ALT Hold soft switch a pain to get on and off.

Over all a very good product.

Mickie
TBM930 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBM930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 5:43am
Hello Martyn,

I just purchased the Arrow III and flew some circuits with it at CYND. It really took me back! I still have the POH and the Checklist. The plane handles and sounds like I remember it! I had a hard time starting it because my right mouse click is not assigned to turning switches to the right!  I assigned a start key instead.

I flew C-GQYI in 2004 when it was owned by Montreal Flying Club (St-Hubert Airport, Quebec) who was the same owner of Laurentide Aviation(Cedres, Qc) Who is the owner of this plane now? How did you end up choosing this plane for Canada?  I am really curious. Here is the proof that I flew this aircraft as seen in this video when I rented it to fly to Gaspe QC (10.5 hour round trip in a 3 day holiday). https://vimeo.com/90463106

I flew that bird about 30 hours.

Here is a picture I took of it in 1996 before an afternoon flight at Cedres airport CSS3

CPL ME IR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAtijON965qt7nIjz1WxdbQ
deanwings View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 7:35am
wow v. cool. interesting that in the your vid the Attitude Indicator top half looks sky blue, but in my JF arrow it looks Monochromatic. so in case it's my monitor, i checked out the org pics and it's the same as mine.. maybe it faded in the sun over 20 years LOL.
TBM930 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TBM930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 1:17pm
Hello Dean,

Yes I noticed that as well. The attitude Gyro top should be blue! Also in my old low quality video you will notice that below the omni & glideslope indicator there is an omni indicator (nav 2) and just the right of that there was a master avionics switch. Also at the time the interior was not red. But hey I am not going to nitpick! Just Flight really did it an amazing job and I am really proud to own this aircraft!

I seriously need a new joystick and rudder pedals. I am using an old Saitek AVR8-01 and the rudder is just awful! I cannot keep the aircraft aligned on t/o.  Leaning towards CH products. I will upload a clip I still have of the engine start. Unfortunately my X has all the original footage of that flight she recorded with some sort of Sony handy cam.
Pat
CPL ME IR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAtijON965qt7nIjz1WxdbQ
cocodam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocodam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

The Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II for XP11 will be receiving updates soon. Just waiting on an update for the SASL plugin.

Thanks
Martyn

Hello Martin,

Any news on this update ? :) 
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 9:44am
The three PA28 updates were delayed as we were waiting on updates for SASL and X-Plane 11, but they should hopefully be available later this week or early next week.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
cocodam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocodam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

The three PA28 updates were delayed as we were waiting on updates for SASL and X-Plane 11, but they should hopefully be available later this week or early next week.

As always, thank you for considering your customer and your fast answer.

Clap
CedGauche View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CedGauche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:41pm
Hi,

i've updated the Arrow III to 1.5, but this update seems to be very buggy:

- No sounds
- Not able to hide yoke when pressing the clickspot
- The 3d pilot is hiding some elements, where can I deactivate him?
- Clickspot engine start without function
- Clickspot prop lever without function

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 2:07pm
Those are not bugs in the product but are symptoms of the plugins not loading correctly. Did you follow the install instructions (reloading the aircraft from the developer menu after activation etc)?

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
CedGauche View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CedGauche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 2:12pm
Hy Martyn,

after reboot everything is fine, I've thought reloading after enter serial is enough
deskpilot65 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deskpilot65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 2:55pm
I just installed 1.5.

the serial number dialog provides its own Reload button. I pressed that and got the same problems as CedGauche.

Restarting xplane fixed it.

There might be a number of folks who get confused by that reload button.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 3:06pm

It's important to follow all of the steps that we provide in the installation instructions, and particularly step 7 which some people miss:

1. Right click on the file you have downloaded and select Extract All from the list that appears. 
  2. Select a suitable location and make sure the Show extracted files when complete box is ticked.
  3. Click the Extract button and when the extracted contents of the zip file appear, copy the aircraft folder into your X-Plane 11 aircraft folder.
  4. Launch X-Plane 11 and start a flight using the aircraft.
  5. An activation window will appear, prompting you to enter your serial number. Paste the serial number found above and click the Activate button.
  6. After a short pause, a message will appear informing you that the product has successfully activated. Select Reload to reload the aircraft.
  7. The activation window will disappear. From the top menu bar, select Developer > Reload Current Aircraft
  8. The aircraft is now ready to fly.
Restarting XP11 will have the same effect as step 7.

SASL is being updated so that might remove the need to use the reload option in the developer menu.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic