This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA-28R Arrow III for X-Plane 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokeyupahead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:35pm
Wow,stunning visuals! I have both versions but the xplane one is unbelievably nice! I do have problems though, like the prop lever and some other swicthes that don't move. Does anyone know why? Thanks. David DD
deanwings View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by smokeyupahead smokeyupahead wrote:

Wow, the xplane version is simply stunning! Some controls are frozen, like the prop lever that doesn't move and some other switches. Does anyone know why? Thanks
hi my best guess is that when you restart x-plane (or developer/reload aircraft) those problems will go away. i had similar occurrence, perfect now.
smokeyupahead View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokeyupahead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:47pm
Ok, I will check later. Thanks
smokeyupahead View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokeyupahead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:49pm
Hello. Ok, I will check later. Thanks
sd_flyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sd_flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:23pm
No I didn't. I wasn't aware of it. I flown nearly every model of Arrow from T tail to turbo non of them had automatic fuel selector 
vandalay View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Greggy Greggy wrote:

Other difficulty: 

When the aircraft touches the runway, after landing, (I’ve tested wind 0 kt…) yaw over-reacts.

I have tested with different flaps configuration at touchdown and even at flap 0 it is still difficult to handle. Cant’ go strait ahead at more speed than 40 kt.

Am I the only one having this problem?… ( don’t have it on other airplanes).

Hi Greggy,

no, you are not. As you, i tried different configs, flaps-wise and weather-wise - with no weather, no wind at all, takeoff is ok, but it´s nearly impossible to keep the aircraft straight after touchdown - with moderate x-winds it´s even hard to make a straight takoff-run and a smooth landing is just nearly impossible. Wheels are squeeking like you are fighting the devil himself. I have several Props in my collection, but I´ve never experienced something like that.

Besides that: The atmosphere in this aircraft is amazing - and I love the level of detail! You just have the feeling that you are really there, flying the real one (did this as pax, already)...

vandalay View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:11pm

Other difficulty: 

When the aircraft touches the runway, after landing, (I’ve tested wind 0 kt…) yaw over-reacts.

I have tested with different flaps configuration at touchdown and even at flap 0 it is still difficult to handle. Cant’ go strait ahead at more speed than 40 kt.

Hi Greggy,

no, you are not. As you, i tried different configs, flaps-wise and weather-wise - with no weather, no wind at all, takeoff is ok, but it´s nearly impossible to keep the aircraft straight after touchdown - with moderate x-winds it´s even hard to make a straight takoff-run and a smooth landing is just nearly impossible. Wheels are squeeking like you are fighting the devil himself. I have several Props in my collection, but I´ve never experienced something like that.

Besides that: The atmosphere in this aircraft is amazing - and I love the level of detail! You just have the feeling that you are really there, flying the real one (did this as pax, already)...

jimst57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimst57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:52pm

Other difficulty: 

I find the ground handling and toe braking action with practically ALL GA planes terrible in X-Plane.

As a real world private pilot, I can tell you it's not this hard to keep a plane straight on takeoff or landing.....even in a fair crosswind.

I think X-Plane is great in many areas, but ground handling and braking need lots of work. I hope they do improve it soon.

vandalay View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:48am
I totally understand, and it´s good to hear this frome someone who can compare the real deal with the simulation. But what I don´t understand is that even when other GA-Models tend to behave bitchy on the ground, they are at least controllable - so with some practise I manage to do even hard x-wind-landings without sliding over the runway like a drunken pirate.
With the Warrior this behaviour is really extreme like I´ve never experienced in an GA-Aircraft in XPlane before.
Cornflex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:59am
I'm using xEnviro and do not see any rain Drops on the windshield of the PA-28 even when it is raining cats and dogs. Anybody else?
Greggy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:44am
Cornflex, I didn't try with rain yet...

Vandaley & Jimst57: Thank you for your feed back!

Glad to know that I am not such a horrible pilot, each time I land the JF Arrow III

Haha !

As the model is supposed to be very realistic, and that I pretend to get my real-life PPL some day… I started to be very anxious about my capacity ^^

(Didn’t fly a real airplane yet)

By the way, Stephen Dutton says, in his Aircraft Review (xplanereviews.com) that it is a « very sensitive machine »…

Well… I still love flying that first X-Plane JustFlight model (excepting touchdowns) And I hope JF will propose the FSX/P3D Warrior II converted for X-Plane one day.

… With an upgrade correcting the ground-handling sensibility !

But… For my PPL training, for the time being, I stil have to manage with Carenado’s Archer II to practice landings (And fixed pitch propeller category).

2015 MacPro 64Go Vram / AMD 3Go / X-plane11.21r2
deanwings View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Cornflex Cornflex wrote:

I'm using xEnviro and do not see any rain Drops on the windshield of the PA-28 even when it is raining cats and dogs. Anybody else?
see danklaue's post at forums.x-plane.org .. in short raindrops not supported yet due to performance hit, waiting for LR's upcoming software API changes which would make previous coding a wasted effort. 
Also folks, there's much writing on the subject of control sensitivity on landing which affects other xp11 ga aircraft too btw.

i love this justflight dev team, it's taken things up a notch. 

Greggy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:18am
Originally posted by deanwings deanwings wrote:

Also folks, there's much writing on the subject of control sensitivity on landing which affects other xp11 ga aircraft too btw.
Nice to know.

Anyway, some XP10 aircrafts seem to behave normally in XP11.
Carenado's Saratoga, Archer II, Skymaster, 172... No problem for me.

Quote I love this justflight dev team, it's taken things up a notch.
Definitely! Waiting for JF's next GA conversions for X-Plane!!!
2015 MacPro 64Go Vram / AMD 3Go / X-plane11.21r2
quaxpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quaxpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 6:35am
Aloha!

First:
- my current GA-first-choice to fly
- nice visualisation inside/outside
- nice system performance
- nice menu-driven options like flight computer/light switch
- nice GTN integration
- helpful manual

I use this flyer now for my around-the-world-in-80-days without severe problems with various weather and airport situations. Together with the integrated helpers like GTN/FC it's a fun to calculate routes and alternatives for this challenge whether to fly VOR mainly or GPS in certain circumstances.
The only problems are more or less results of my own sim skills :)

But I had one issue so far: after informed about a vapour lock this couldn't be resetted by following the manual/alert message. Switching the fuel pump on for about 20 seconds or waiting 20 minutes didn't help. So I had to cheat a bit and refueling inflight to reach my approach airport...
So how to disable vapour lock/spark plug fouling correcty? Showing it in the menu item or hiding it? Both look for me identical this means no difference...

And, please, can you reduce the size of the white anti-collision flashes a bit? :) 

safe landings
Lem

Ptyler687 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptyler687 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 1:06am
Trying to figure out how get the Realityxp 750 installed in the panel.   Arrow III documentation is to go to the Realityxp 750 settings tab in XPlane 11.    doing so, nothing make sense on what to do next.
thanks in advance.
Ptyler687
Keep the Rubber side down!!!
Ptyler687
quaxpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quaxpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:15pm
Aloha!

After the installation you will find a RealityXP.GTN.ini in the plane's main folder. This controls the correct position and functionality of the GTN750.
Then you must have installed the Flight1 GTN750 addon which gives you a plugin in XPlane's. Now you will find an entry in the dropdown menue for "Plugins" at the top "Reality XP GTN". There you find "GTN 1" and inside this "GTN 750 1". Activating this will make the GTN750 to the master device and it replaces the default GNS530 and the audio panel above.
That's it! And it will re-appear every time you start up until you unselect the GTN750 within the plugin menue as the master device.

safe landings
Lem
MartinM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:50am
Hi there

I got a slight optical issue in the XP11 version of the Piper. The Parkingbreak handle is better visible if released or not in the P3D version. Could you eventually make a little bit more visible. Yesterday I landed by mistake with PB on. The result ... you can imagine ;-)

Another thing, don't now why it got omitted. In the P3D version, the mixture leveler must be manually unlocked/locked. Why not in the XP11 version?

Cheers
Martin
MartinM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
Oh, just forgot. A really awesome aircraft for my XP11. I hope that you bring more of these kind. Thumbs Up

I hope the C152 will come for XP11. I fly C152/C172/AAT3 in real life

The Hawk would be a very welcome add-on in XP11
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:52am
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed that to the development team.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
sd_flyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sd_flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:08pm

Hi I found several issues with Arrow III

1. I noticed JF team tried to simulate heavy nose tendency in Arrow which is a great thing, but seems like rudder sensitivity a bit disproportional. From what I know Arrows are notoriously easy to fly coordinated. 

2.  Power on stall (or departure stall) is actually feels pretty realistic. However, the airplane tend to "fall on the wing" during the stall every time. I believe is due my inability to keep it coordinated which in turn due oversensitive rudder (problem I mentioned above). 

3. Power off stall (or approach stall). For some reason I found difficult to stall airplane in "dirty" configuration. The problem is in complete loss of elevator authority. I found same problem during the landing.  I can't recall this tendency on real counterpart during normal or power off landing

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic