This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA-28R Arrow III for X-Plane 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PA-28R Arrow III for X-Plane 11
    Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
yikes this aircraft is brilliant. i actually felt back in the cockpit. first impressions - impressive flight dynamics. sound.. well i run out of superlatives. hats off.

v. tiny issue, i need to read the manual see if i can hide the -> menu Icon from my cockpit.
if you get any issues after registering..no sound etc, do a 2nd Reload aircraft or restart xp. happens with other xp11 aircraft too so not a problem.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:53pm
Hi Dean,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

You can use the mouse-wheel on the arrow icon to control its opacity/hide it completely.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Molina View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm
I've just finished my first 15 min flight with it. I already love it! I think it's going to be hard getting used to fly with no pitch axis control on the autopilot, but that really means hours of fun :-)
flighttesting View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flighttesting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
Hi Molina 

Im sure the arrow has a click spot for the alt hold 

4. Navigation/approach coupler knob – middle-button-click on the switch to toggle altitude hold mode. The tooltip text indicates whether altitude hold mode is engaged

this is taken from the Manuel 
Molina View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:18pm
I didn't see that! thanks for the tip!
Papa H View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 1:19pm
This aircraft is unbelievably good. It looks fantastic and flies even better. I have the FSX version of this but the x plane version is way up on another level altogether. If you enjoy GA flying, get this, you won't be disappointed.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Papa H Papa H wrote:

This aircraft is unbelievably good. It looks fantastic and flies even better. I have the FSX version of this but the x plane version is way up on another level altogether. If you enjoy GA flying, get this, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for those kind words, very much appreciated from all of the team here at Just Flight.

Cornflex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:00am
Very good X-Plane 11 aircraft! Bought it on release day and like it very much so far.
But I think there is something wrong with the performance. I cannot get this bird to speed up over 90 kts even with full throttle. It accelerates really slow during takeoff. I checked my joystick settings but they seem okay to me. No problems with other planes either. I use X-Plane 11.10b4.
Anybody else with this Problem?
Papa H View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:52am
Hi Cornflex, no I don't have the poor performance you listed. Take off is fine, in fact as the performance tables state and will happily cruise at 130knt albeit at a higher fuel use figure.
I take it your full mixture rich and prop full forward during take off and clean flight configuration in the cruise.
I am using the same x plane as yourself but didn't have your issues. If it persists keep asking, I'm sure someone can help. Cheers.
parapro View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parapro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 10:33am
I agree, aircraft is amazing.. Only thing i miss so far is sound when moving the flap handle and parking brake?

Would also be nice to have sound on throttle, prop and mix and yoke when you move them (hint, hint) :p
Greggy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 10:54am
Thank you for proposing this wonderful job!! One of the best PA-28 model for X-Plane!

Others are grate but this one is actually on the top!

The documentation is very rich too and nicely designed.

After two hours of exercices:

I would just regret that it is difficult to remember which of ALT > PITCH > ‘HDG only’ - mode has been selected by simple clic on the Autopilot Piper-Logo.

(No visible/physical toggle) In my opinion, a little button « ALT select - on / off » is missing…

Other difficulty: 

When the aircraft touches the runway, after landing, (I’ve tested wind 0 kt…) yaw over-reacts.

I have tested with different flaps configuration at touchdown and even at flap 0 it is still difficult to handle. Cant’ go strait ahead at more speed than 40 kt.

Am I the only one having this problem?… ( don’t have it on other airplanes).

For Cornflex: I don’t have any climb performance problem.

Other suggestion: Would be nice if the po-up options windows could move on the second screen, according to X-plane 11 fonctionality.

Anyway, this Arrow III is a magnificent model of realism and we can see that it was designed by passionate people, for passionate people. A must have!! I hope one day I will get the opportunity to train on a «JustFlight» Warrior or Archer (160 or 180 hp) of the same level (for X-Plane) since I am preparing my pilot's licence on these models with fixed pitch propeller.

Would JustFlight just do it?… ^^

2015 MacPro 64Go Vram / AMD 3Go / X-plane11.21r2
Cornflex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 12:03pm
Thank you for your feedback.
Seems to be a problem with my configuration then. Hope I'll get this sorted out.
Papa H View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm
Cornflex, just noted I am using X Plane V 11.05, not 11.01 as previously said. Maybe you could try updating your X Plane version.
Cele View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm
Hi Guys. I have bought the p28R. Its amazing! I have an answer.Which setting is recommended here?

Cornflex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Papa H Papa H wrote:

Hi Cornflex, no I don't have the poor performance you listed. Take off is fine, in fact as the performance tables state and will happily cruise at 130knt albeit at a higher fuel use figure.
I take it your full mixture rich and prop full forward during take off and clean flight configuration in the cruise.
I am using the same x plane as yourself but didn't have your issues. If it persists keep asking, I'm sure someone can help. Cheers.

Well, I fixed my "performance problem" with the Piper.
It was a beginners fault. I did not advance the prop control lever. Shame on me.   

Thanks for the hint, Papa H.
sd_flyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sd_flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:34am
I noticed that during long haul with autopilot in heading mode. After few minutes fuel tank switches from right tank to left left. I tried several time to switch it to right but it kept going back to left. Not sure why..
Greggy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:48am
Originally posted by sd_flyer sd_flyer wrote:

I noticed that during long haul with autopilot in heading mode. After few minutes fuel tank switches from right tank to left left. I tried several time to switch it to right but it kept going back to left. Not sure why..
Hi sd_flyer, did you disable the "automatic fuel tank select" in the option popup window (left of your screen) ?
deanwings View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Greggy Greggy wrote:

Hi sd_flyer, did you disable the "automatic fuel tank select" in the option popup window (left of your screen) ?

yo are there any real-world Arrow IIIs that have this "automatic fuel tank selector"?  ... or if not, was this feature requested by some gamer who can't be bothered? ;-)
Greggy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:19pm
Some real aircrafts have automatic tank selector (eg TBM700) but no PA28 as I know.
smokeyupahead View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokeyupahead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:27pm
Wow, the xplane version is simply stunning! Some controls are frozen, like the prop lever that doesn't move and some other switches. Does anyone know why? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic