This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DHC-3 Otter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it flight1 GTN & REX WX Radar compatible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irk72ag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it flight1 GTN & REX WX Radar compatible?
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:13pm
Subj.  Very interesting before buy.
I mean 3d gauge installing in VC.
irk72ag View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irk72ag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:53pm
nope? eh...
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:56pm
Didn't spot this thread - no, currently not compatible with those. 

Any compatibility like that will be covered on the product page.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
iflygary View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iflygary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:49pm
Any plans to make compatible with GTN 750/650??  Just about every new plane released these days has the compatibility for them and I enjoy having them on board.

Gary
Jocko Flocko View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:50am
Man, I was just about to click the Buy Now button when I saw this awesome aircraft recently released but with no GTN 750/650 support... That's a deal breaker for me, sorry. :(

I live in Canada and this plane, along with the Beaver, were and still are the work horses of the north. You guys would sell double the amount of these planes with current second party GPS support.
Toonfan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toonfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:02am
Agree with the above comments.
The Milviz Beaver is GTN compatible.
I would prefer to buy the Otter but the absence of a 650 or 750 would stop me.
iflygary View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iflygary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 2:25pm
For those that just "have to have" at GTN onboard like myself, here are the mods to get the GTN 650 on board. Go to your panel folder and add this:
[VCockpit05]
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$gns430_av
background_color=0,0,0

//gauge00=DHC_xml!gns430, 0, 0, 512, 424
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN650, -30,10,512,268,UNIT1

Use "shift 2" to bring it up. Hopefully they'll make it 750/650 compatible soon.

Gary
mugc View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mugc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 2:05am
Yup, me too. Was looking to buy but will pass for now if there is no 3rd party gns support.

Jim
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:40am
It's being looked into at the moment, and as Gary has pointed out, they can be added as 2D pop-ups in the meantime if you are using the product.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Jocko Flocko View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 5:23pm
I bought it anyways, great plane. :)
Toonfan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toonfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 7:14pm
Many thanks for the GTN integration.
Sadly, I have a couple of issues:
No pop-up clickspot on the units, which means I have to have the GTN stack visible to click.
If I access any of the menu on top of the screen (Aircraft, Addons, world etc) I lose functionality in the 2D pop-up. None of the buttons work and the map doesn't move. Also the panel unit remains active whereas usually only one 750 will be active and the other blank.
As my eyesight isn't the best, I really like the pop-ups for clarity.
Jackietools View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackietools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:31pm
Please someone help. The situation is even more complexing. All these problems are happening on both and my and my uncles computers. In BOTH the Milvis Otter AND the Just Flight Otter these are the problems. On start up the 750 appear in both cockpits and work normal. If the drop down menu is used to open the 750's they work with the screen of the cockpit mounted 750 going black as it should. GTN stack does not work in either plane. Once a different menu item (such as Fuel and Payload) is opened from top menu bar then closed the 750 from drop down and cockpit 750 both stay lit with screen frozen on the drop down 750. The cockpit mounted 750 still continues to function but there is no way to enlarge it. Reinstalled both planes and the GTN 750 with anti-virus turned off and same problem. $All video drivers up to date as we both have GTX 1080's. Tried switching Core in Flight1 config panel to no avail. Suprised there are no posts with these problems. The 750 works fine in all other aircraft we own including Just Flight Twin Otter, Warrior, Arrow. Also works in Carenado aircraft. Only the Otters are having the problem. Thank You

As you can see I have the exact same issue with JustFlight and Milviz's DH-3 Otter.  I went to Flight1 forum and they seem to think it is not their error but with two airccfraft by 2 different cpmpanies with same exact symptoms I am leaning towards Flight1 proble. Hopefully out of the 3 companies someone can come up with a solution. Thanks
Toonfan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toonfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:23pm
Just an update:

I now have a fully working GTN750 using a few workarounds.
These have been gained from other posters, including Jackietools (thanks!).

The GTN stack will not work for me so I have assigned a button for SHIFT+2 to bring up a popup 750.
If it loses focus and locks as described above, it can be reset by left clicking in the very top right corner of the pop up.

Very happy now with the Otter, just a shame it has taken so long to set up.
Jackietools View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackietools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 1:17pm
Glad to help. The more posters we get about suspected issues the better. It gives support more data to work with and proves it is not an isolated incident and in my case some self research and trouble shooting by myself and others solved a lot of the issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic