This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-46. No power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 5:02pm
strange same here no difference
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:04pm
If you are seeing no difference then please wait until the proper installer is available, as the differences should be very noticeable in terms of performance e.g. climb and turn, as noted by Paul K above.

I will update this thread when that is available.

Thanks
Martyn 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Hangar200 Hangar200 wrote:

I noted with interest the 11 Nov 17 JF newsletter highlighting the C-46…an aircraft that, as was mentioned above, unflyable.

In the U.S that likely constitutes false advertising (The Federal Trade Commission has an on line consumer compliant form. JF is based in the UK where the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 may apply.

The above info completely factual, I am well within forum decorum guidelines and I am merely providing information, not advocating any course of action.

I see no reason to remove this post but know full well that may happen. :)

Cheers!

Hi William,

We are in breach of neither, the aircraft is not unflyable, an updated FDE will be available via a proper installer shortly and you can download v101 from your Just Flight account. That said you or anyone else are of course entitled to contact either organisation if you wish, and I'm sure that other forum users appreciate the info. As you can see from the thousands of other forum threads, we are very happy to engage in constructive discussions about both the positive and negative aspects of our many products so long as everyone abides by forum rules and, I hope, have a continued reputation for working with our customers to resolve issues where they arise, albeit sometimes within the constraints of third-party developer involvement.

I've instructed our customer service team to issue you with a refund for the product to avoid any further frustration and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. You are welcome to continue using the product. If anyone else would like a refund or exchange then either send me a PM or alternatively contact the support team via the website and they'll be happy to help.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
spooky View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Paul K Paul K wrote:

Originally posted by pnsthomas pnsthomas wrote:

Is not a real update, nothing has change. It won't turn unless alot of rudder is used . Still unflyable

I've installed the FDE update, and it turns normally without any rudder input at all. Something wrong with your set-up,  possibly ?
j

Hi paul,

Just curious which version 101 or103 and which aircraft thanks.

Richard.
garrittpwl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrittpwl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:20am
Originally posted by spooky spooky wrote:

Is not a real update, nothing has change. It won't turn unless alot of rudder is used . Still unflyable

I've installed the FDE update, and it turns normally without any rudder input at all. Something wrong with your set-up,  possibly ?
j

Hi paul,

Richard.

I too tried the most recent one with the 103 and proved no avail :(. Best functioning one I've got so far with 103 plane is a mixture of the 101 and 103 cfg's.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:33am
Apologies - a link was provided to an outdated version of the FDE.

Please use this link if you'd like to get back into the air before the full update (including Flight1 integration) is made available - http://cdn.justflight.com/support/c46/C46@151117.zip

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:10am
Martyn, 
No refund required nor desired.  I'm perfectly happy flying v 102 and feel that I have more than gotten my money's worth.

If V101 is the current download version then my bad - that said, every time have checked my download link it has downloaded v103 - just say'n.

Please understand that my concern, and as you mentioned, some frustration, is not with the developers (although I cannot understand why they changed the mil version's radios so drastically) but rather I was seeing advertising that seemed oblivious of the current state of the C-46 flight model.  The perspective from outside your company, it appeared that the marketing was unaware of the current, serious development issues.

I don't know how big JF is (although I lived in Huntingdon, CAMBS for 3 years…I must have passed by a few times) but having retired from a relatively large organization (the US Navy), I know that sometimes the one hand knows not what the other is doing.  That was my sole thought.

I stand corrected.

If the download version is close to the one reviewed by PC Pilot, then of course JF is well justified to use the PC Pilot award in advertising.

As I said in one of my first posts, this C-46 has the potential of being one of the best models JF has released.  I still think that is so.  

R/ Hangar 200  

P.S. If it is too late to cancel the refund you mentioned, and you have no objections, I will donate it to AVSIM.
R/ Hangar 200
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by spooky spooky wrote:

j

Hi paul,

Richard.

Hi Richard,

I have 103 installed, with mod 101117. I was sent this mod to test, and so if there was an error in the links posted here in the forum by Martyn, then it didn't affect me.

I see the latest link refers to mod 151117,  so my mod ( 101117 ) is either now outdated, or comes with additional features not connected to the FDE. Anyway, I've had very good results with it - the aircraft takes off as expected, using an appropriate length of runway to do so, climbs nicely, and cruises with the throttles and props wound back.

Can't say how accurate the performance is compared to the real aircraft, but it certainly feels right for an aircraft of that size and vintage, and overall is now eminently usable. Smile
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:29pm
Further to the above, for clarification -  the other problems, such as the HSI / NAV 1/ NAV2 problems in the modern VC are still there. The mod I have purely addresses the FDE. 

Regards
Paul K
spooky View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:43pm
Thanks Paul trying new file now.

Richard
buckman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:00pm
Version 103 / 151117 C-46 Buffalo with new cockpit panel works great, I did a 2 hour flight test no load and handled like a winner. Next will load 10000lbs cargo via AH2 and, and aah well we will see.
Good job Martyn
Cheers
Buckman
Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:11pm
Umm…ver 103 with mod 151117…hopefully a ver 104 or SP2 will be the final release - too many numbers - brain hurts.
R/ Hangar 200
buckman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:05pm
So the aircraft has no problem in power ( getting 10000lbs off the ground ) and banking turns the aircraft is much better, however me thinks she needs a little more work.
No problem here, I have hauled tons of cargo via AH2 on version 101 and will continue, with that said
back to 101Big smile
Buckman
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Hangar200 Hangar200 wrote:

Umm…ver 103 with mod 151117…hopefully a ver 104 or SP2 will be the final release - too many numbers - brain hurts.

As mentioned above, a full update will be made available so version numbers and mods can be safely ignored.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:34am
Originally posted by buckman buckman wrote:

So the aircraft has no problem in power ( getting 10000lbs off the ground ) and banking turns the aircraft is much better, however me thinks she needs a little more work.
No problem here, I have hauled tons of cargo via AH2 on version 101 and will continue, with that said
back to 101Big smile
Buckman

If you have any feedback on the latest FDE then please make sure to send that to our support team so we can investigate.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

As mentioned above, a full update will be made available so version numbers and mods can be safely ignored.
Thanks
Martyn

Copy…I'll wait until then.
R/ Hangar 200
thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:10pm
How do I find out which version number I've got?
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by thefrog thefrog wrote:

How do I find out which version number I've got?

Have a look at your download, and it will tell you. Mine is named 'Install_C46_103.exe' so it is version 103.

thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:07am
Mine just says "Install_C46_TP.exe" for some reason. I got it from PC Aviator Aus.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 11:22am
Originally posted by thefrog thefrog wrote:

Mine just says "Install_C46_TP.exe" for some reason. I got it from PC Aviator Aus.

Ah, well you'll have to get back to them and see when they'll have the latest version available.

Speaking of which...the latest version is now 104, a completely new download with the revised FDE and various other fixes, as announced by Martyn here:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31859&title=c46-commando-sp2

I'm just trying it out the modern VC version now, and so far it's looking good. HSI works, as do NAVs 1 and 2 -  it captures a VOR radial with aplomb. A.P. altitude hold works too. You dont seem to need the RPM control much, but that's fine, no probs there. I'm zipping along at about 173 mph, at 4000ft, and all is well.

First impressions are favourable ! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic