This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-46. No power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hulmelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 2:29pm
Thanks for the prompt reply Wink as a short term fix at my end I have rolled back to the original release so I can get some virtual air under the wings, looking forward to a fix.

Hulmelad
ahuimanu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahuimanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 1:47pm
status?
JayF11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayF11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 5:51am
In addition to the lack of power In the service pack the tail wheel lock is also broken. The tail wheel stays locked even with lever set to "tail wheel lock off". It worked fine in the older version.
Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:23pm
I think SP1 is an issue of two steps forward and (at least) one step back.

Before SP1 the C-46 acted much like other powerful prop planes (including JF's DC-3) I have flown in FSX. 

With SP1 , I cannot seem to get more than barely a 500 fpm climb at full throttle - I can't get more than 100 KIAS on the ground, no matter how long the runway is.  Once in the air I might get 110 KIAS in level flight and again with the manifold at 55 in and max RPM.  

FYI - I tried several flights under various weather conditions - Normal conditions at sea level, Hot and High, freezing cold - all produced the same (non) results.  This is so different than the original (pre SP1) performance, I really think some error has crept back in.

That said, a nice touch is that when I try to engage the superchargers at low altitude to get more power, I quickly fry my engines…the smoke effects and power down are quite spectacular! Smile

On the SP1 page you list "
  • Radio issues - fixed"
True enough.  Before SP1 the Mil version radios were technically not tunable…actually they were if you had a Yoke/Throttle with enough buttons to assign NAV1 Use Whole Inc, NAV1 Use Whole Dec, , etc in FSUCIP.

The new radios are fine except, the last decimal is in an LED format…Light Emitting Diodes first appeared "as practical electronic components in 1962" (Wikipedia) - or almost 20 years after the Mil C-46 variants were flying about.   

Then there is the pilot's HSI in the civ/commercial variants.  Unless, HSI stands for Horizontal Situation Immovable, something is wrong.  It doesn't move.  Stuck about 340º.

I like this aircraft.  I think it has the potential for being one of the best JF has produced.  Just the roar of those twin Wasps is exciting - but until SP2, I'll e listening to them on the ground.Unhappy

R/ Hangar 200
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:41am
Hi chaps,

We will be releasing an updated FDE very soon, just carrying out some final testing.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Lewicide View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:24am
Great
I have been just hanging to buy this AC

As soon as the flight model is sorted
Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:27pm
Great News Martyn!!! Very happy
R/ Hangar 200
finksther View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finksther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:11pm
That's good news. i hate to have that bird grounded.
garrittpwl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrittpwl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 3:30am
*edit* Thanks to a poster above for reminding me to dig through my downloads folder. Found this... Woohoo! Wonder if I can put the new panel into the old airframe to get the removeable yoke and fixed radios.... outta SP1.... hmmmmm.

I joined this forum just to read this topic. I bought the Commando nearly the day it came out and have been flying the poo out of her on FSE. I took about a 3 week break and come back and can't keep the thing from stalling. Glad I'm not the only one flying like this....

Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 2:47pm
I tried that with vers 102 and 103…but I was trying the 102 panels with the103 aircraft seeing if the HSI would magically fix itself…no joy and I still had the under power situation. Thus ended my foray into FSX aircraft meddling.   

That said, if running FSUIPC, and you have enough open buttons on your flight controllers, you can assign frequency changes to the 102 Mil radios.
I’m on my iPad now so don’t have the exact commands but it is something like: NAV1 Use Whole Inc, NAV1 Use Whole Dec, NAV1 Use Deci Inc, NAV1 Use Deci Dec…something like that.

The key is using the commands with “Use” since there is only an active, “in use” freq.

That takes 4 buttons, which is a lot. But a little rearranging on a CH Throttle Quad or the rudder and ailerons trim buttons on Saitek’s yoke, will do the trick.

Then use the ATC screen to change the com freq (I usually state, “hey copilot, change that freq for me please” for added realism    )

That is what I am doing until the fix comes in.
R/ Hangar 200
garrittpwl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrittpwl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 7:27pm
I'm just gonna fly 101 until then :/
Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:28pm
Alas, I started with 102.

Actually, other than the sound cutting out when you hit Mesh, and the mil Radio thing, I didn't notice any problems with 102.

Personally, I thought the radio fix in 103 was a bit of overkill - the single COM and NAV were good for me.  I like "period models" to be true to their era.  So no Mode3 transponder interface in a WWII bird?  No problem for me.   They can always include the radio itself without the control interface, for those folks who want to fly IFR/VFR Flight following and let them "enter" the code in with the ATC menu…which I do sometimes anyway.  

I'll have to see what 104 (or whatever they call it) looks like - If I don't like it I may stick with 102 and my radio work around.

The fact that we are having this discussion should be good news for JF - if the plane wasn't so good in other resects, I would have already deleted it from my hard drive.  Smile
R/ Hangar 200
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:30am
Hi all,

We're still finalising the FDE update but you can download a work-in-progress version here if you'd like to get back in the air ASAP - http://cdn.justflight.com/support/c46/C46_FDE.zip

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
finksther View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finksther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:13pm
I'll give it a try
KasperH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KasperH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:09pm
As an early buyer and poster of issues I want to say I am very pleased with the attention the product receives in order to fix the remaining issues.
I am back flying the original version with my own changes to the .cfg file after trying SP1, but I am sure to check out this new FDE.
Thanks for the updates.
Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:31pm
Great news - Will gives it a go this weekend.

One more thing…Not sure if this a issue or a feature…

Flying a cold Alaska mission (ver 102) in the Alaska Red Tail military - I was playing with Carb Heat and turned it off when I shouldn't have.  The aircraft's carbs froze and got the power loss as I should, for dong such a foolish thing.

Sure enough the Carb temp gauges were at 0ºC

OK so Carb Heat to ON…nothing…the gauges mya have moved a bit or it may have been my (hopeful) imagination.

So emergency landing at a dirt strip…a bit of an overrun but stay out of the trees.

Did a complete restart - Carb Heat on and the gauges at maybe 5ºC…or a bit more.

Decided to RTB rather than continue the mission…especially since I got a bit lost looking for a place to set down.

My point…and I do have one…shouldn't trying the Carb Heat back on in flight reheat the Carbs enough to get power back on the aircraft?…eventually.  Or is the a feature…i.e. "Turn Carb on if OAT is 0ºC or less"  otherwise, the heaters cannot melt the ice accumulation."  Or stere a more specific procedure lie doing a restart or throttle to idle to get the ice melted.

Just the fact tat we are discussing such nuances shows what a great plane this is.

Cheers. :)
R/ Hangar 200
Canalguna View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canalguna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:08pm
Thanks Martyn. Now it definitely flies, but please note that it won't turn unless alot of rudder is used (airborne). I was keeping about 30-40º bank with really minimum heading change.

Ignacio
spooky View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:51pm
same here.

also on old version captains and first officer speed gauges differ.

Thanks for updates.

Richard.
buckman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:36pm
Dito
pnsthomas View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnsthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 9:08am
Same here, it won't turn.
On modern panel HSI, DME still not work, hope will be fixed on the upcoming update.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic