This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-46. No power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fcmusician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C-46. No power
    Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 3:43pm
Got the latest update and the plane  seems under powered. Made some take off's at sea level and it seems to teeter on stalling and flying at each take off. no heavy load.  Normal takeoff. Once level it fly's fine. Love the plane.
ahuimanu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahuimanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:35pm
I'd echo this as well.  Can't get up to altitude.  The engine is not producing much heat.
FlappySlats View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlappySlats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:40am
I've noticed this issue since the update as well, using default cargo and 70% fuel I can barely climb at takeoff power, using by the book climb power resulted in nose up barely above stall level flight, and straight and level at 3,500 feet I stalled using by the book cruise settings.

Included a capture of trying to climb:
http://i.imgur.com/c3cALxp.jpg

FWIW I've flown classic props from A2A, Jan's DC3 and Cal Classics so I have the general idea of how they are flown.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:04am
This issue is being investigated by the support team and developers. We'll have more news soon.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
Add me to that list.  Best I can fly is tree top level barely above stall speed. It just wont fly.
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:21pm
Is it possible to get the original version instead of the updated one?
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:10pm
For what its worth to you, I found the version 101 instaler on my PC. Loaded it, adn was able to fly. It has its own issues as you know,but it got off the ground. Version 103 just wont fly.
fcmusician View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fcmusician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:09am
Thinking the same thing. 
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:51pm
I tried again to take this one up. I checked fule load. I noticed it had "External Tanks" and they were full! I placed those at 0, then reduced the other tanks to 50% adn it flew! I'm going to keep trying.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fcmusician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 2:11am
Originally posted by rodtod11 rodtod11 wrote:

I tried again to take this one up. I checked fule load. I noticed it had "External Tanks" and they were full! I placed those at 0, then reduced the other tanks to 50% adn it flew! I'm going to keep trying.

HA! nice find.Big smile
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 5:37am
And...spoke too soon. Yes, it takes off much better, but at 1000 it just wont climb anymore. Use the superchargers and the engine blows.
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 3:08pm
One more thing, I have been trying the Pan Am version. It just wont fly. I moved to Buffalo and it does, not well, but it does. The difference is one uses the passenger model file, the other uses the cargo model file.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fcmusician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by rodtod11 rodtod11 wrote:

One more thing, I have been trying the Pan Am version. It just wont fly. I moved to Buffalo and it does, not well, but it does. The difference is one uses the passenger model file, the other uses the cargo model file.
hmmmm good info. I was flying around the pattern at the time. Still needs some more "juice" for sure though.
robwin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:50pm
I have not  flown the C46 since before the update. Just tried it, and sadly you can add me to the list. The aircraft is unusable. I cannot get the Buffalo version above 2500 ft.

WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:47pm
I have to disagree with you guys.

After reading all the posts after the SP, I decided to take up Buffalo Airways for a flight.

I took off without a problem using flaps and super chargers. After gaining enough altitude, I slowly turned South towards my destination and continued to increase my altitude.

After reaching 4000 ft., I turned on the A/P and set my heading. I later increased my altitude to 5500. No problem with speed, altitude or power. After reaching my selected altitude I turned off the super chargers. Still no problem.

I did feel that the MP was higher than expected to achieve normal flight. While on A/P it gave me an opportunity to check a few things out. I couldn't find the pitot heat switch, and noted the reverse labels for the beacon and interior lights. Also, the HSI (in the modern cockpit) didn't function as expected so I had to rely on my compass for direction.

Overall, I had no flight issues with the C-46 and assume that JF is working on the other issues.

--WH
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fcmusician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:05pm
 The previous version had the c46 flying great. With this latest update I have no power. Never had to mess with super chargers.

WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:27pm
My comments and observations are with the latest update.

Using the super chargers makes it a little more realistic IMHO.

I don't think it's properly explained in the manual. The default is with the blowers off. The next setting is LOW, and the upper setting is HIGH. I'm not sure how this works in the sim, but it appears to correlate with the water injection command. Anyways, with a full load it helps on takeoff and climbing.

--WH
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 2:50am
Superchargers on for take off? I tried that and blew the engines. I had smoke from both, lost a lot of power and slowly decended even with full throttle. What am I doing wrong???
Hulmelad View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hulmelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

This issue is being investigated by the support team and developers. We'll have more news soon.

Thanks
Martyn

Hi Martyn,

any update on this? I also have problems with speed-altitude-stall after the service pack, it's a shame to see such a classic stuck in the hangar Cry

Thank you in advance for any help Wink
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 4:30pm
Our in-house FDE expert is currently looking into this. I'll let you know as soon as we have more info.

Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic