This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-46. No power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C-46. No power
    Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Lewicide Lewicide wrote:

G'day

Just bought it from pc aviator, when do you think the new fde version
will be available to distributors ?

Cheers

Should be sent to them today then it'll be down to them getting it added. But we have done our bit.

Hope this helps.
Lewicide View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:55am
G'day

Just bought it from pc aviator, when do you think the new fde version
will be available to distributors ?

Cheers
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:56am
Much as I am enjoying the C-46 since SP2 and the new FDE, I have to agree with Hangar200 - the radios in the WW2 cockpit are a bit of a faux pas, aren't they ? Is there any chance of Aeroplane Heaven addressing this ?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Hangar200 Hangar200 wrote:

Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

I've instructed our customer service team to issue you with a refund for the product to avoid any further frustration and we apologise for any inconvenience caused

I know I said don't bother, but now that I see SP2/V104…if the offer is still open, I'd like to take you up on it.

Please contact the support team and they'll be happy to arrange a refund/exchange - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
rosariomanzo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosariomanzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Paul K Paul K wrote:

Click on that item to the pilot's left, where the yellow arrow is pointing Wink

Thank you very much Paul! Thumbs Up

Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 4:31am

I've instructed our customer service team to issue you with a refund for the product to avoid any further frustration and we apologise for any inconvenience caused

I know I said don't bother, but now that I see SP2/V104…if the offer is still open, I'd like to take you up on it.  The only place this C-46 model will be flying is off my hard-drive…in fact, it just did.

Ver 102 may have had its issues, but the old military versions were at least an attempt to model a WWII era aircraft  I will concede that the VOR system was not invented until the 1950's so a VOR didn't belong in a 1940's cockpit…but some of the mil models were post WWII…and at least it looked like it belonged to that era.

Fact:  The LED was not invented until the 1960s, or about 20 yeas after the C-46 was introduced.  The SP2/Ver 104 "radio fix" for the mil C-46–WWII and right after–has LED radio displays that look like they are from the late 1970s.  I'm not a "rivet counter" when it comes to FSX aircraft.  I understand that the word "simulation" is there for a reason, but this is beyond the pale. Thumbs Down

It's not a Just Flight issue since the  JF DC-3, DC-8 10-40 series, DH-104 Devon/Dove and HS 748 all have better "period" radios…as did the this C-46 until ver 103.   

I guarantee the brave aviators taking their C-46's over "the Hump" in WWII were not looking at LEDs…just say'n. 

R/ Hangar 200
thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 7:31pm
Martyn
I got my copy from PC Aviator Aus and the download file was named: Install_C46_TP.zip. At the top of the aircraft.cfg file it says: //SP @ 260917 which doesn't seem to be a version number.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by rosariomanzo rosariomanzo wrote:

Sorry to hi-jack this topic. I can't find on the manual if there's a way to hide the control column. Any help please?

Click on that item to the pilot's left, where the yellow arrow is pointing Wink

Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosariomanzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 11:02am
Sorry to hi-jack this topic. I can't find on the manual if there's a way to hide the control column. Any help please?

Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 3:31am
The patched version flies well for the most part, however, given the C-46 was pretty infamous for having an undersized rudder (not surprising actually; compare its rudder size ratio to the static fin size to that ratio on the DC-3), which made it difficult in a crosswind amongst other things, I decided to tweak the aircraft config file to make the rudder one third as effective as it is in the patch by default. Actually I did the same thing on the Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight B17F too, since that is an another aircraft fairly notorious for having rubbish rudder authority (I lessened the effectiveness of the 17's ailerons too, since they were cack on the Fortress as well). 

I'd recommend doing that rudder tweak to other users; you'll find it makes the C-46 handle a bit more like one would expect the real thing to. Pretty easy to do, just open up the aircraft config file and change the rudder value from 1.00, down to 0.30.

pnsthomas View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnsthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:27pm
Many problems have been solved with  SP2. I think that there is a small problem will low RPM ( i fly the modern panel plane ), even with full prop levers especially during climb and descent and need more throttle than normal. During cruise you can keep the right settings. Plane is flyable and very close to be perfect.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:03pm
Glad you are enjoying the new version Thumbs Up

You should also be able to see a version number if you open the aircraft.cfg file (at the very top).

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosariomanzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 1:07pm
Same here. I did a quick flight and the aircraft "feels" heavy to maneuver as I may imagine, great behaviour, nice sounds and graphics and great fps. Enjoying it!

Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 11:22am
Originally posted by thefrog thefrog wrote:

Mine just says "Install_C46_TP.exe" for some reason. I got it from PC Aviator Aus.

Ah, well you'll have to get back to them and see when they'll have the latest version available.

Speaking of which...the latest version is now 104, a completely new download with the revised FDE and various other fixes, as announced by Martyn here:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31859&title=c46-commando-sp2

I'm just trying it out the modern VC version now, and so far it's looking good. HSI works, as do NAVs 1 and 2 -  it captures a VOR radial with aplomb. A.P. altitude hold works too. You dont seem to need the RPM control much, but that's fine, no probs there. I'm zipping along at about 173 mph, at 4000ft, and all is well.

First impressions are favourable ! Smile
thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:07am
Mine just says "Install_C46_TP.exe" for some reason. I got it from PC Aviator Aus.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by thefrog thefrog wrote:

How do I find out which version number I've got?

Have a look at your download, and it will tell you. Mine is named 'Install_C46_103.exe' so it is version 103.

thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:10pm
How do I find out which version number I've got?
Hangar200 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangar200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:55pm

As mentioned above, a full update will be made available so version numbers and mods can be safely ignored.
Thanks
Martyn

Copy…I'll wait until then.
R/ Hangar 200
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:34am
Originally posted by buckman buckman wrote:

So the aircraft has no problem in power ( getting 10000lbs off the ground ) and banking turns the aircraft is much better, however me thinks she needs a little more work.
No problem here, I have hauled tons of cargo via AH2 on version 101 and will continue, with that said
back to 101Big smile
Buckman

If you have any feedback on the latest FDE then please make sure to send that to our support team so we can investigate.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Hangar200 Hangar200 wrote:

Umm…ver 103 with mod 151117…hopefully a ver 104 or SP2 will be the final release - too many numbers - brain hurts.

As mentioned above, a full update will be made available so version numbers and mods can be safely ignored.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic