This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Autopilot GPS NAV thing help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theohall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autopilot GPS NAV thing help
    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 4:36am
Using Autopilot with VORs and Heading Hold works great.  For the life of me, I cannot get this to follow NAV via GPS.  This is stock DLC for FSW with no add-ons...

So G100 with a GPSMAP 295.

Please don't suggest adding on stuff... just what will get GPS NAV autopilot to actually function.

With the Navigation/approach coupler knob set to NAV, regardless of where the Coupler radio selector switch is set, the plane just keeps making a long right turn.  Also, there is supposed to be a tool tip saying when the Coupler radio selector switch is set to GPS, but one never appears.  No matter if the switch is set to NAV1, OFF, or NAV2, the tool tip always reads NAV. If I understand correctly, the OFF position should correspond to GPS NAV, because NAV1 and NAV2 work just fine when selected for VORs.  But GPS NAV simply doesn't work.
theohall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theohall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 5:37am
So am I crazy or is there no autopilot GPS NAV in FSW Arrow III?  Or am I missing a switch somewhere?  NAV, OMNI, LOC NORM, LOC REV, and HDG all work fine with VORs.  Been wrong before (mixture thing) Embarrassed just looking for an answer.

Love the plane.  Doing an Around the World flight following most of Shaesta Waiz's flight plan.  Have to adjust a few legs due to range, but love flying it.  Nice to have all the audio for all types of beacons working. 
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 8:32am
Hi Theo,

An update was made available via Steam and our website yesterday. Do you have that installed?

I've just checked the aircraft in FSW and the tooltip displays correctly when placing the mouse cursor over the coupler (NAV1/OFF/NAV2) switch. Middle-clicking on the switch (so the tooltip says GPS mode is active) and then engaging the autopilot, the heading switch and rotating the coupler mode knob to NAV causes the autopilot to follow the GPS route.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
theohall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theohall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 7:21pm
Thanks, Martyn!  Yes, everything works now!  Awesome! 
--Randy-- View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote --Randy-- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:05pm
I am having this same issue in the new Arrow for X-Plane 11 but when I click my mouse wheel  ( I assume that is what you mean when you say "middle click") on the switch mentioned, my landing gear goes up and down....but I am never able to follow the GPS.

Help!
slait View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:00am
I'm having this issue as well with the Flight1 GTN. I performed the steps above on all three of the legs I flew today, and I couldn't get any of them to work. Not sure what I'm missing.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:17am
Please contact our support team so we they can look into this for you - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic