This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

External Views Gone Weird!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpaceHippy1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: External Views Gone Weird!
    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 6:23pm
Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you Simmers have had this issue with the Hawk for P3D V4.

I've noticed that when I leave the cockpit view & move onto one of the two external views (fixed & the other one!) I find myself right in the middle of the aircraft with certain parts of the air frame on view rather than outside of the aircraft.

I have ensured that I have the latest version of the Hawk that P3D V4 requires.

Has anyone else here experienced this?!

I will upload some screen grabs if you want them.

Kind Regards,

Keith.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 8:23pm
Hi,
Please grab a screenshot and send it to the support team via support@justflight.com and they will be able to assist. 
Thanks
graaant3 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graaant3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 4:00pm
Hi, I'm having the same problem with external views -- the two spot views only, the two others, and the tower view, are fine. Can you please post a solution, thanks.
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 4:20pm
graaant3, 

As per Rich's reply, a screenshot would be very helpful even on here, before we can post a solution.

Max
IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:51am
Hi,
I'm having the same problem (see the post beneath this one).

Ian 
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 5:37am
Same here, same issue. How do you attach a picture?
SpaceHippy1975 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpaceHippy1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 4:22pm
Hi, sorry for not getting back to answer my original post & subsequent questions.

Here’s where I’m at as far as my issue with the Hawk TA1 that I am running in P3Dv4.1;

When I start a new flight using the scenario/set-up screen with the Hawk everything is fine, I am able to use & cycle through the external views with no issues.

But if I start a flight using a different aircraft & decide to change aircraft partway through the flight to a Hawk this is where things go funny.

I can use the VC with no issues as well as use the Flyby, Top-Down & Tower views but when I try to use the Spot & Locked Spot views you end up right in the middle of the fuselage.

I have also noticed that if you change to another aircraft P3D stops working & requires closing.

For some reason or other I am unable to upload or post the screencaps I made. Can I send them via email?

Keith.

Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 7:53pm
Where ever u want to chsnge aircraft it is recermmded (wirh fsx) that you load a fresh start up as the carry over from different aircraft can cause issues .. i have had yoyr issue in every simulator from fs2004 and fsx, fsx se amd at times in p3dv3 too. So try the restarting sim and then u won't have the roll over errors from other aircraft.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpaceHippy1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:33pm
Hi thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I beg to differ, I've also used simulators for too many years to count & this is the first & so far the only case I've ever come across where this issue occurs.

I've been able to change airfields & aircraft mid-flight when desired with no issues whatsoever until I started using the Hawk (updated to the correct version for P3D v4) all this without having to resort to closing down whatever sim I may be using & restarting it.

I appreciate that doing this could have a beneficial effect with regards to carrying over any issues but considering I've never had this problem before now, I can confidently say that the issue lies with the Hawk in question.

Regards,

Keith.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 8:42pm
Hi Keith,

We are looking into this issue.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpaceHippy1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Keith,

We are looking into this issue.

Thanks
Martyn

Thank you Martyn,

I look forward to hear back from you.

Keith.
graaant3 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graaant3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 1:22pm
'Morning:  I did a full uninstall, turned off AVG Protection (Shield and Software Analyzer), then ran Hawk installer as Administrator -- everything seems hunky-dory now -- the external views normal -- on my setup. I suspect that AVG got in the way of the install process. Anyway, so far, so good ...

graaant3 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graaant3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 1:29pm
Well ... the reinstall, etc. procedure only lasted one flight. From here on I'll be loading the Hawk first in a session, keeping my fingers crossed.
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 6:10am
Same problem. Any solutions yet?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpaceHippy1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by rodtod11 rodtod11 wrote:

Same problem. Any solutions yet?

I'm afraid not, I've tried every trick in the book with no joy.

The only way I've managed to fly this bird is to select the Hawk as the very first aircraft to use in a flight. Once you change aircraft mid flight from a different plane to the hawk you get the iffy visuals.

Must say that there's a few of us here with the same issue now.

Keith.
rodtod11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodtod11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 2:36am
I guess this issue will not be resolved. My Hawk is unusable. Not just the views, but it just wont fly right.  Well, once in a while you get a plane that is just a waste of money. Price of admission for Flight Simming.
Timmy74 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:00am
Well its been a LONG time and appears that the creators of this product don't give two rats ...... about fixing the issue!?!

Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:31am
As per Rich's post from last year. If you can grab a screenshot and send to Support we can look into it.

There have been quite a few updates to the hawk since its release:

https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/folders/17000129275
mickrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 11:30pm
   I'm sick of reading about the Just flights hawks bad manners in the graffics department i.e = Change from anothe aircraf to the Hawk and the graphics go heywire. This has been going on since 2016/7 and is still not been fixed. Now there is another problem with the Breaks, push a little too hard and straght away the aeroplane slews off the runway and does several sumersalts and this at 12 to 16 knots.
   I've been a customer of J.F for a good many years and in that time, I have had two very poor aircraft. One was the Focker Freindship 45 and the other, you have guesed it the Bae Hawk trainer.
I would not hold your breath on the Hawks graphics annomaly being fixed and I won't be holding mine on the breaks issue
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 11:30am
Hi Mick,
I've never actually seen this issue myself. Could you drop me an email showing what happens and I'll be happy to look into it. Click on my profile for my email address.
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic