This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Plans
    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:00pm
Just loaded the L-1011 for P3DV4.  Everything seems to be working ok with the exception of flight plans.
I cannot load a flight plan from the FMC.  All I get is a: NOT IN DATABASE error.  Even if the flight plant is loaded into the "FlightPlans" folder.
There are some existing flight plans in the "Flightplan" folder. But I don't really use them. I want to create my own (so does everyone else), and have it loaded into the FMC.

Any thoughts or a fix for this or am I just missing something?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:26am
Hi,

I've tested it here and the default flight plans are appearing correctly in P3D v4 when selecting DATA > FLIGHT PLANS on the FMC.

Please contact our support team so we can investigate this further - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
badapple View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 1:43pm
As I mentioned, the default flight plans are there and do work.  But using a 3rd party program like FSC and saving that flight plan to be loaded is a different story.  

Example:  I create a flight plan using FSC. I save the flight plan.  I open my simulator and load the flight plan through the menu.  That is all good.  However; the flight plan can not be loaded into the FMC.  Even if I manually save the flight plan in the .rte format, the FMC will not load it up.

Basically, the FMC is useless unless you can load a flight plan or you spend 30 minutes inputing every intersection and waypoint with their direction and flight level.  Oh!  and then you have to manually input the SIDs or STARs.

Useless.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:11pm
Please contact the support team via our website and send them one of the flight plans that you're unable to load into the FMC. We can then look into the issue with the assistance of the FMC developer.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
badapple View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:20pm
ok

Thanks

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 3:09pm
Here is some guidance that we received from the developer of the FMC:

Below are the steps.

1) From the 3rd party tool, export to FS Planner format  (.PLN, or .xml).  
2) Load the file into the FSPlanner.
3) In the FMS use the Load ATC RTE feature to load the plan into the FMS.

Other methods

The .RTE format is exactly the same as used for  ISG1, or QualityWings  757/146.   If a 3rd party planner supports either the ISG1 of QW format those files can be placed in the folders below.

FS…\JustFlight\DC-8 Jetliner\FlightPlans
FS…\JustFlight\TriStar\FlightPlans

The file will need to be placed there ‘before’ the aircraft is loaded. The gauge only loads the file list on initial startup. If a file is placed there after the aircraft is loaded in FS. The aircraft will have to be reloaded to see the new files listed in the FMS.

You can also place FSPlanner files directly into the DC8’s or TriStars \FlightPlans folder and they will display on the FMS’s Flight plans list and can be loaded directly into the FMS.

Note: Even though the L1011, and DC8 have the .RTE extenstion. They are ‘not’ the same format as the Level-D 767 .rte format.   They are however the
same .rte format used by the ISG1 gauge addon, or the QualityWings 757/146.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic