This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "No Weather API" despite AS for P3Dv4 installed a
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"No Weather API" despite AS for P3Dv4 installed a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "No Weather API" despite AS for P3Dv4 installed a
    Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 1:21pm
Hi Guys,
just installed the latest v2.00 TB10& TB20 with P3Dv4.
I also have ASforP3Dv4 up and running (well) but, when switching on the stormscope, after the self-test, the message shown on the bottom screen reads "No Weather API".
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Francois

Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:11pm
Yup, had the weather scope working on the FSX-SE version with Active Sky Next, but I also get 'No Weather API' displaying on the scope with P3D V4. I hope this is a glitch, and not a case of the P3D V4 version of the TB-10/20 not working with the most recent version of Active Sky, because if it is, then it's a step backwards.

Other problems...

I've noticed that it is very tough on resources too, far more than one would reasonably expect given that it's a GA aeroplane. I realise it is fairly high res and has a lot of 3D modeling in the VC instruments etc, but so does the new PA-28 and that performs much more as one would expect, one would hope that could be looked at.

More critically, I noticed that some variants crash the sim, whereas others don't, for example, the green British Golf-registered version of the TB-20 bombs P3D V4 every time you try to load a flight, whereas the Portuguese Blue/Yellow Charlie-Sierra-registered version of the same TB-20 loads up every time. Not sure why that would be so, but it is the case every time.
McGoose View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McGoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:31am
Same here, "No Weather API" with ASP4.

Has anyone got this working with Active Sky?

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:45am
We're currently looking at various changes to the Active Sky API that need to incorporated into the Stormscope. More news on that soon.

The crashing issue should no longer occur following an update earlier this week.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 3:22pm
The Stormscope gauge in the TB10/TB20 has been updated to work with Active Sky for P3D v4 (http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be). You can download the latest installer from your Just Flight account.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
McGoose View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McGoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:37am
Thank you very much, works fine now. Smile
altack View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 1:17pm
Thanks Martyn,
the API is now found but...
the stormscope screen is behaving like a radar screen and not showing crosses for each thunder flash ?
like on this screen capture below:
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag281/altack/JF_TB10_Stormscope_screen_zpsr9ktuyc5.jpg
bobbysweatpants View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbysweatpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 4:44pm
I have the 'NO API' issue too with ASP3D but I just purchased this.  Fairly certain I'm on the most updated version.

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 4:53pm
Hi,
Please drop the support team a message via www.justflight.com/support and they will be able to investigate for you. 

Thanks
Rich 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic