This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrow III GTN 750 issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deskpilot65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrow III GTN 750 issue
    Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 2:35pm
The GTN750 won't drive VOR1 when CDI is set to GPS and the aircraft is first started.

In order to get the GTN750 to drive VOR1, I have to toggle back to the KX 170,  turn on NAV1 on the KX 170 and then toggle back to the GTN750. then it works fine.

Is there a fix or a workaround for this?
mikjet View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:23am
You right, I just had similar issue:   loaded the aircraft with the 750 (no cycling of the NAV options: KX170/650/750) GPS mode worked fine for the duration of the flight. loaded an ILS and switched mode to VLOC - got no response from the NAV1 gauge.

Turns out, NAV1 switch on the KX is turned OFF by default, so unless you cycle thru, turn the switch to VOICE or ON, NAV1 will give you no reading.   

at first I thought I was doing something wrong, maybe have the wrong frequency in, or wrong CDI mode, but then I saw your post and checked the KX mode and found it OFF.

Is there a quick fix for this? If we use either the 650/750, NAV1 MUST be ON by default.   Not sure why it would be OFF in the 1st place.

Michel.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:59pm
Please contact our support team so we can look into this further as the default position for the KX170 NAV switches is 'VOICE', and that should allow it or the GTN/GNS to drive the VOR 1 gauge.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic