This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panel State saving in FSX Steam Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradoxagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panel State saving in FSX Steam Edition
    Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 3:35pm
I found that the panel state does not save and load properly in FSX Steam Edition. I tried to solve that by checking the corresponding files located at "...AppData\Roaming\JustFlight\JF_PA28_Arrow\FSX" and found the following:

- The files seem to be written correctly, when saving a flight the flight related save file gets created and its content is correct, also the statsave file and the JF_PA28R.cfg seem to have the correct content

- I can load the correct states after ending a flight and starting a new one, so the files are okay indeed

So far it looks good, but when I shut down FSX-SE the files get messed up. The JF_PA28R.cfg and also the statesave.save are filled with zero values all over, the flight related save file seems to be okay but when starting a flight the plane does not read it but the other one and the result is always having no oil, no battery, no fuel and the plane is always cold and dark. 

In P3D v4 everything is working fine, I have no issues there. 

I don't know if this is a bug or something related to the Steam Edition or else. So I thought I ask here before creating a support ticket, maybe somebody knows what is going on here. 

Edit: I forgot to tell you I am using the normal aspirated Arrow III and my OS is Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates.
paradoxagi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradoxagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:15pm
Update: It seems as if the problem has something to do with the FSX menu screen. I found that when I close FSX directly from within a flight (so I don't just end the flight and go back to the flight configuration screen) the files don't get corrupted - but they do if I go back to that screen and then quit FSX. 

anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:40pm
I had the same.
When you load fsx se, load up the default flight from the menu, I have set the aircraft to the default 172 and dont change anything. When its loaded go to the menu and load up the saved flight and all will be ok.

I have to do this with all the Arrows and the Warrior, works fine everytime.

Anthony
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradoxagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 6:07am
Thank you... I will try this and report back. 

Agi

Update: That did not work for me. I tried resetting the default flight and setting up a default flight with the FSX C172 and in both situations the arrow behaved like described in my previous posts.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradoxagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:55am
Okay... I think I got it now. I have to avoid loding the Arrow in the flight configuration screen and only load it from within a flight from the menu bar. Yes, that really seems to work.

But, it would be great to get the Arrow fixed so the flight configuration screen can be used also. In P3D v4 I have no problems loading the plane and even using it as my default aircraft works fine there. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic