This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Differential Braking Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almerejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Differential Braking Issues
    Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 11:05am
Why is it that when I am taxi-ing to the departure runway, I can control the steering using the joystick rudder axis with no issues whatsoever. But when I land at say Aerosoft's Mallorca X Evolution, I discover that i cannot exit the runway as smoothly as easily turning the nose-wheel using the joystick rudder axis as on taxi to take-off, instead have to use differential braking, and it is nothing as smooth or as slick as in the former take-off scenario.

Anyone experiencing the same or any ideas to resolve this?
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 5:37pm
Simple. 

You haven't disengaged the yaw damper and are still trying to use the rudder pedals to steer

and/or

You haven't enraged the nosewheel steering switch and used the steering tiller to steer.

These items are covered beginning p 17 of your manual.

almerejo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almerejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 7:15pm
Thank you for that. Will check next flight.

No, did not engage steering tiller/switch as I have no idea how it works. Placing my mouse pointer all over the tiller, I could not see any movement. So, resorted to rudder steering.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic