This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-8-63CF AUTOPILOT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspen31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-8-63CF AUTOPILOT
    Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:27pm
Hi all
Still getting accustomed to the updated DC-8-63CF.  I have figured out most of the airplane but not the autopilot.
I have found that for me there are several issues.

1. Seems to work for a while and then stop following a heading.
2. Won't follow a GPS track
3. Altitude hold (or "0" vertical speed) works for a while and then allows the vertical speed to stat changing up or down (without power changes or pitch adjustments)

Wondering if anyone else has experienced any of these issues.

Thanks
Warren
jammen737 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammen737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:20pm
By GPS track, do you mean FMC or a flight created in the default flight planner with default GPS? I know there is a NAV/GPS switch for each system.   Are you switching to appropriate system?
aspen31 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspen31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:35pm
Hi
I create a flight plan with the generic GPS flight planner, set the track and the approximate heading, select GPS using the "NAV / GPS switch, after takeoff I manually get established on the track using the GPS and then select "autopilot" then aux/nav" and the autopilot will not follow the track. I've tried flying a heading along the desired track but while appearing to work initially the sutopilot will eventually not even fly the selected heading. I use P3D V3.4 Windows 10.
Take care
Warren
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 7:50am
We are looking into this now and you'll receive replies to your support tickets as the investigation progresses.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
aspen31 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspen31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 5:40pm
Hi All
I tried another long flight and used 2 flight plans - both GPS and FMC. The A/P 
worked for the most part really well but when I switched from FMC to GPS  the 
A/P seemed to lose it's ability to maintain altitude. I switched everything off 
and then back on after stabilizing the airplane and everything seemed to work 
again. Not sure exactly why this is happening but I'll keep working on it. Seems 
a bit "buggy" just like the old DC-8s. 
Thanks 
Warren
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic