This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Component Transfer Error Issue with Livery Pack
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Component Transfer Error Issue with Livery Pack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Component Transfer Error Issue with Livery Pack
    Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:56am
I've just bought the DC 8 10-40 package that is on sale this weekend. That installed without any problem. I also bought the livery pack. BIG problem with that!

When it gets to a certain point of the installation, I get a "Component Transfer Error" message. The error is, ominously, "Catastrophic Failure". Shocked

I have never had this happen before when installing a livery pack. For the life of me, I cannot understand why it would be happening with this one. The only thing I can think of is that maybe one of the liveries is corrupted or something.

Please fix this pack or tell me if there is any sort of solution or workaround I can apply myself. Many thanks in advance.
Flying Kiwi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 1:11pm
I'm happy to report that this issue is now solved. I submitted a support ticket to Just Flight, and got a reply back suggesting the download itself had become corrupted. After one more attempt at running the installer with the same result, I deleted it and then re-downloaded the installer, making sure to temporarily disable the Auto Protect and Download Intelligence features in my Norton Internet Security (which may have messed up the installer before). This time, it all worked perfectly! Big smile So obviously the installer became corrupted, either while it was being downloaded or when I first ran it. Downloading it again has fixed the problem - whew!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic