This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C46 issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KasperH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C46 issues
    Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 11:07pm
My 2 cents with regards to the C46:

Based on two flight with the modern Everts variant and a flight with the Mil variant.

Things I found in these short flights:
Warning lights always on / even in cold and dark plane.
Labels for dome and beacon lights wrong. Internal lights (dome / panel) not working.
Power settings are incorrect when compared to rl settings.
The plane is much too fast with the settings.
The flight model is all over the place. It flies like a sports plane. Much too twitchy and unpredictable.
I can trim the plane for hands off flying (like I do with the C47 all the time) and it can then decide after a few minutes to pitch up/ or down and loose all its speed /gain too much speed without ever coming back to trimmed flight.
The cylinder heads stay much too cold (around 100C) even under full power climbing like a rocket.
Again the flight model - this is supposed to be Dumbo, not a light plane.

The visual model itself is good, the paints are good, the pit is OK.
Like the DC6 I will learn to live with the plane, because it still is the only C46 on the market and it is a bad ass plane. But I hope for a patch - soon.

Mil version behaves much the same with added error of non working NAV and COM Radio. ADF does work.

More if I find new issues after more time with the plane.
CW46 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 4:01am
Agree with all your comments, performance is not at all realistic to the actual aircraft ( I have a type rating in this aircraft and flew it for two years). 

The pitch axis is far too sensitive in the model. There is a bug using the NAV 2 VOR indicators where the CDI will never center using the course selector. It will rotate thru 360 degrees and the needle will not center on a radial. NAV 2 is not functional to use for navigation, and changing ANY CDI whether it be NAV 1 or 2 results in changing the course setting on all other indicators. 
DME hold function does not work and only displays "HOLD" when selected, APR mode of the autopilot did not work when established inbound on an ILS.
GNS 430 has basic functions inoperative including NAV/Comm selection for frequency change, no ground speed display or distance displayed.

I think they would have be better off just using default FSX C172 avionics as at least they work. Visual model is nice but is missing engine exhaust stack glow especially for night op's and is very evident in the real world.

This is my first experience with a Just Flight product and I am not at all satisfied. I would be very hesitant to purchase another model if this is the level of beta testing done prior to release for sale.

System used is WIN8.1 with P3D V3 and I have never experienced the avionics issues like this with numerous other vendor products.
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 4:54am
Agree with the statments above. 100%! I was also dissapointed, this is the "good old JustFlight" style, like the HS, and the Fokker... Too cartoonish and simple. I know the C-46 is the only one around, but, hey, its 2017, not 2003. The VC in the C-46 is "almost" freeware quality... This one stays on the ground. And i learned the lesson... agian...

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:14am
Please remember to report any issues you encounter, via the link below and where possible we'll get them looked at and fixed.

https://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Buspelle, if you're not happy get in touch and we'll issue you with a refund.  Other than a few niggles including the issues above a lot of users have been very complimentary about the C-46 so do find your comments a touch surprising but then you're entitled to your opinion of course.  As I say we don't want anyone paying for something and not using it though.

Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 1:14pm
It definitely needs some tweaks to the flight model, I've found occasionally the avionics and controls go bonkers on it. If anyone was watching the flight track of my departure from LFLX last night on the Air Hauler 2 radar, they'd have been thinking I'd been at the crack pipe, because it took me ten minutes of fighting the controls to get it stable after take off, and then more battling with the controls to get it to take up a simple heading with the autopilot lol.

I knew right then it was going to be fun trying to land it at the destination and this was made even more fun by the fact that it wasn't insured in AH2. Sure enough,  I had it plow in for a 'suicidal' rated landing; this was from a pretty stable approach, but it suddenly departed from that with serious aileron control issues on short final, the resulting touchdown at EGGP culminating in massive repair costs to it.

If that had been a real landing, I'm pretty sure it would have been cartwheeling down the grass at the side of the runway engulfed in a massive fireball. This thing should be pleasant to fly, docile  and easy to land, as it's basically the same as a DC-3, but right now it often flies like half its control cables have been shot away lol.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 2:24pm
I haven't had these issues with it yet. Probably just jinxed myself though. I actually despite the nav\com issues really enjoy the plane. It has some issues and faults but what addons don't? It's nothing that hopefully won't be patched. Hint,hint.... ☺

About to try it in AH2. Hope it goes better for me.
KasperH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KasperH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 2:57pm
Issues reported.

After a night tinkering with the aircraft.cfg file the plane more or less performs according to published numbers.
Now for the fine tuning / fuel use etc..
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 6:06pm
The problem with this airplane in my opinion is it doesn't have really big issues but a multitude of smaller ones. At lot! They should and could have been easily fixed before final release.
RobertKoon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertKoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:57pm
Having a problem with Frame Rates. 11 to 20 fps. All other default aircraft I gave no problems 30 fps. 8 core processor 1070 NVidia. Any idea as to WHY?
KasperH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KasperH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 7:17am
Hi Robert, I have no issues with frame rates on my XPS laptop with only 4 cores. Rock soiid 30fps with Active Sky (bad) weather over Alaska. Do you have other applications running?
RobertKoon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertKoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 3:38pm
Kasper H
Antivirus, and all background programs shut down. I am using ORBIX scenery with frame rate set at 30. Also REX textures. All other aircraft in my inventory runs ok except for JUST FLIGHT C46. I have uninstalled and reinstalled under admin and still the same thing. SLOW FRAME RATES 10 to 20 and it jumps up and down no matter what scenery is used including JOHNSTON ISLAND which is nothing but the island.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 4:08pm
I have no frame rate issues with this plane. It's one of my non complaints with it. Sorry you are though. Hope you can light on the issue.
mnowinski View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnowinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 1:09pm
Pros:
Nice graphics

Cons:
Not everyone has control units with multiple throttle setups and pedals.  This makes taxiing the aircraft very difficult.  I don't want to spend money on an aircraft that I have to use the keyboard on.  I tried using the "Engine 1 &2" selectors and left/right braking keys, and aircraft was almost impossible to control.  There should be an option to use the tailwheel  and braking for all taxiing maneuvers.

Speeds very unrealistic.

Landing Gear Neutral Switch does not work.

No way to hide yokes to see fuel gauges.  You can turn the yoke, but who wants to do that while maneuvering the aircraft?

Overall, not what I expected and unless these and other comments are used to corrrect the problems, I'd like my money back.

Sorry to be so critical.

Mike
Mike
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 1:41pm
As mentioned above, any and all feedback is being looked at by the developers of the aircraft.

Mike - If you'd like a refund/exchange then please contact the customer services team via the website and they can arrange that.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by mnowinski mnowinski wrote:

Pros:
Nice graphics

Cons:
Not everyone has control units with multiple throttle setups and pedals.  This makes taxiing the aircraft very difficult.  I don't want to spend money on an aircraft that I have to use the keyboard on.  I tried using the "Engine 1 &2" selectors and left/right braking keys, and aircraft was almost impossible to control.  There should be an option to use the tailwheel  and braking for all taxiing maneuvers.

Speeds very unrealistic.

No way to hide yokes to see fuel gauges.  You can turn the yoke, but who wants to do that while maneuvering the aircraft?

Overall, not what I expected and unless these and other comments are used to corrrect the problems, I'd like my money back.

Sorry to be so critical.

Mike

I understand your frustration. I agree it seems a bit overpowered but that's not a real killer for me. I haven't had trouble with the gear switch on mine. A hide yoke option would be nice on that I'd agree as well. The tailwheel steering is an easy fix if you don't have the proper setup. I don't either so I fixed mine. If you decide to keep the aircraft let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it. Simple takes about a minute and one change. I do understand your frustration though. The fuel usage is messimg mine up, as I bought it for use in AH2 and can't. I've already explained what's wrong there so I won't belabor the point here.
mnowinski View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnowinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 5:34pm
Merlyn,

I would appreciate the tail wheel fix, thank you.  Send it to me at pobox1375 at comcast dot net.
LOL, I also use AH2 and it cost me a lot of money to fix the plane after it lost control on landing.

Originally posted by Merlin59 Merlin59 wrote:

Originally posted by mnowinski mnowinski wrote:

Pros:
Nice graphics

Cons:

Speeds very unrealistic.

Sorry to be so critical.

Mike

I understand your frustration. I agree it seems a bit overpowered but that's not a real killer for me. I haven't had trouble with the gear switch on mine. A hide yoke option would be nice on that I'd agree as well. The tailwheel steering is an easy fix if you don't have the proper setup. I don't either so I fixed mine. If you decide to keep the aircraft let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it. Simple takes about a minute and one change. I do understand your frustration though. The fuel usage is messimg mine up, as I bought it for use in AH2 and can't. I've already explained what's wrong there so I won't belabor the point here.
Mike
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 9:23pm
@mnowinski Not at my computer at the moment but I'll get that out to you as soon as possible.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 9:48pm
@mnowinski fix sent. Let me know if you got it and it helped!
mnowinski View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnowinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 11:27am
Thanks Merlin, fix received and it works fine.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic