Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Piper Warrior SP1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve 451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Piper Warrior SP1
    Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:02pm
just downloaded the update for the PA28 Warrior. It is an improvement on the original but, there are still a few issues to deal with.
The acceleration on the runway is still far to quick, and the climb out seems to quick too.
When deploying the flaps there is still not enough ballooning effect.Its really quite pronounced in the real aircraft.
The sound is also not much like the real thing.
As I have said before. The original Flying Club version was closer in my mind to the real thing, both in flight and sound.
Its my opinion, and not every one will agree. But I have flown quite a lot of hours in the Warrior.
I do however like the landing. It does remind me of the roundout and flare.
Tutmeister View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:04am
This is what I posed at avsim the other day:
Just had a quick circuit or two and so far it seems great! Flap lever animation is spot on now, rpm drop on mag check is much improved and it balloons upwards nicely when deploying flaps which you can compensate for nicely if you have flaps assigned to an analogue lever and lower them in a coordinated way. Have now done a few circuits and touch and goes and I'm really liking this.

Couple of minor points, I think it maybe just a tad overpowered, I added my not inconsiderable bulk to the pilots seat and felt it climbed a bit harder than I would expect using 2 stages of flaps and 65kts, I was able to hold a much steeper angle. Also the ball takes far too much rudder to keep centered on full power. I had to use so much rudder that it was starting to roll me and I had to counter with opposite yoke. This was all at 65kts and could be linked to excess engine power? As airspeed increases this reduces but I felt that full power climbs under 80kts require too much rudder and can be held too steeply.

Lastly, nice that it balloons up with the flaps but maybe once stable it is a bit nose high with the flaps down. It should lift the nose but once trimmed it should then have a nose down attitude. This is hard to tell after a quick few flights as it depends on zoom and seat position so I'm happy to admit I'm wrong with that one.

Hey I'm happy with it anyway, its great! I feel bad criticising it, I'm really just nit picking here!

Thanks Martyn and Just Flight for listening to community feedback and reacting. Good work guys! :)

Chris
vbazillio View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbazillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Steve 451 Steve 451 wrote:

The acceleration on the runway is still far to quick, and the climb out seems to quick too. 

Originally posted by Tutmeister Tutmeister wrote:

Couple of minor points, I think it maybe just a tad overpowered,

To illustrate. The needle goes that fast to 70 I missed the rotation speed. And I can't hardly keep 70 kts on upwind ;)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic