This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNav radios on Commando?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nav radios on Commando?
    Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:27pm
Just bought the new C-46 and love it. However the nav radios on the military cockpit aren't working. I can't set the radio nav frequency. I could be just missing something but I don't think so.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 9:40am
We expect the developer to supply a service pack for the C-46 next week addressing all of the issues that have been reported since release. Unfortunately we're limited in the information that we can provide as this is being developed by Aeroplane Heaven rather than Just Flight but they are working hard on this.

Quote How can these planes be released with such important things left undone? It's as serious as a retractable gear not retracting 

We're not aware of any issue which causes the C-46 gear not to retract, and we obviously wouldn't have released the product if we had encountered such an issue, so please report that to the support team if you haven't done so already.

The C-46 was tested by a team of nearly 20 people over a period of a few months, however we are currently implementing changes to the way that this range of aircraft are tested.

Please note that as with all of our products, you can request a refund or exchange if you're not happy. We have no desire to create frustration, so get in contact with the support team and they can arrange that for you.

Thanks
Martyn
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 7:40pm
I submitted a ticket this morning after my 2nd flight.

I cannot set the overhead Nav1 or Com1 on any of the models. You can change the frequencies with the modern panel/GPS, but again not with the overhead controls.

Also, I'm not sure if the attitude gauge is functioning as it should. Banking the aircraft in flight doesn't change the reading on the gauge.

I'm wondering if any other users are experiencing the same, or if there's a switch somewhere I'm overlooking.

--WH
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 7:42pm
Actually quite a bit not working. The auto pilot new version doesn't seem to be functional. It won't hold course but again it may be something I am doing wrong. In flight the fuel tanks are set to the front tanks but it is using from the rear tanks!
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:11pm
Fuel tank system needs some attention for sure. When I landed one of the center tank fuel hands just fell to zero. Fuels there but no reading.
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:53pm
Attitude gauge (Military version) DOES function. The cross bar is hard to see, however.

And I think I discovered the issue with the Military Com1 and Nav1 gauges.

In the Military version neither gauge has a standby frequency, yet their entry for the [Radio} section says it does.

I changed Com1= from 1.1 to 1.0 and Nav1 = from 1,1,1 to 1,0,1 and was able to adjust my frequencies from the overhead panel.

I'm not sure how this impacts the modern panel with the GNS 430, however. I can still adjust the frequencies with the Nav1/Com1 radio.

Don't try these changes at home unless you know what you're doing and have made a backup of your aircraft.cfg file. And consider this a temporary fix to give JF a chance to respond on the issue.

--WH
ezunino View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:04pm
Interior lights? Can't make work..Very dark pedestal and oh panel. How to activate the lights?
Thanks

Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 1:47am
I'll give the nav1, com1 setting a try. Would be nice to get it working. At least till jf fixes it permanently. Thanks!
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:52pm
Merlin, did those edits work for you?

JF responded to my support ticket and suggested I do a full uninstall/reinstall as admin. I've never fixed an issue with that approach and I always to my installs as admin. Needless to say nothing changed, so I restored my edits to the [radios] section and all works as it should.

I'm not sure what is going on. I am surprised that not more users have reported the issue. There are some comments on the SOH forum, but not on this subject. Guess nobody else does ILS landings.

--WH
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:10pm
I got the same response from JF. The edits worked like a charm. At least in the military version. I haven't tried the modern cockpit yet. Do they work there as well? No matter you have the gps just wondering. I always install as an administrator as well but I did it anyway and it fixed nothing. I guess we can at least rule that out. Be aware if you aren't already the fuel delivery is backwards. Center is center but front is rear and rear is front. If you know that it's only annoying not lethal.☺ Hope they patch it for real!
irbfdc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:40pm
I have the same problem with the overhead nav tuning. Landing, taxi, nav lights need switches. A dome light would be nice, everything below the instrument panel is in the dark at night. Pitch control is almost impossible, like flying a yo-yo. Planes look good, though, plenty of power. Sincerely, Dave C. in West Virginia.
Dave C.
spooky View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 10:12pm
cant change com/nav radio either in military model

Richard
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:13pm
@spooky

Use Warhorse's edits if you are comfortable with that. It will fix it but it does mess with the modern cockpit some. You lose the standby frequencies but the radios work either way. Good enough for me till JF fixes it. I fixed mines taxing ability. My yoke has rudder paddles but differential brakes are hard to achieve for me. May not be realistic but close enough for me.

P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 1:38am
There is another, more elegant, solution to the Nav1/Com1 issue.

Instead of editing the [radios] section as I previously noted, add a generic radio stack to the panel.cfg. In this approach it should not affect the modern panel.

Apparently the problem is that the overhead knobs for changing frequencies do work, but not for the primary frequency. They change the standby frequency instead. With the military panel there is no way to know that or to switch between main and standby frequencies.

--WH
Midnight Music View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:56pm
Here's a simple fix for the radios and autopilot (and GPS if you want it). Doesn't touch the modern panel.

Lee

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main
Window01=Radio Stack
Window02=GPS

[Window00]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=150,300
position=3
visible=1
pixel_size=500,900

[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=407,520
window_size=0.5
position=0//8
window_pos= 0.020, 0.505
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio,  0,0
gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1,  0,29
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2,  0,86
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME,  0,142
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr,  0,179
gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP,  0,224

[Window02]
size_mm=456,378
window_size=0.5
position=8
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
VISIBLE=0
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,            0,0
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 12:34am
Originally posted by WarHorse47 WarHorse47 wrote:

Attitude gauge (Military version) DOES function. The cross bar is hard to see, however.

And I think I discovered the issue with the Military Com1 and Nav1 gauges.

In the Military version neither gauge has a standby frequency, yet their entry for the [Radio} section says it does.

I changed Com1= from 1.1 to 1.0 and Nav1 = from 1,1,1 to 1,0,1 and was able to adjust my frequencies from the overhead panel.

I'm not sure how this impacts the modern panel with the GNS 430, however. I can still adjust the frequencies with the Nav1/Com1 radio.

Don't try these changes at home unless you know what you're doing and have made a backup of your aircraft.cfg file. And consider this a temporary fix to give JF a chance to respond on the issue.

--WH
Thanks for that fix, works a treat.

The effect on the modern panel is to turn main panel NAV 1 and COM 1 radio heads into direct tuning as well. Not really a problem as it enables radio tuning on the older panel.

As it is, you can only tune COM1 from the GNS430. The 'Push C/V' button to switch the input from Com to Nav doesn't work.

Kevin
Daniel_Prates View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Midnight Music Midnight Music wrote:

Here's a simple fix for the radios and autopilot (and GPS if you want it). Doesn't touch the modern panel.

Lee

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main
Window01=Radio Stack
Window02=GPS

[Window00]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=150,300
position=3
visible=1
pixel_size=500,900

[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=407,520
window_size=0.5
position=0//8
window_pos= 0.020, 0.505
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio,  0,0
gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1,  0,29
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2,  0,86
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME,  0,142
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr,  0,179
gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP,  0,224

[Window02]
size_mm=456,378
window_size=0.5
position=8
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
VISIBLE=0
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,            0,0

Hi there Midnight,

Newby question: where exactely in the directory do I effect these changes?

I am used to captain sim and a2a, where this sort of issue never happens. Just flight sure is testing my patiance with their products! I have argonaut, dc-6, commando, and all of them have issues. sigh....
Midnight Music View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 6:53pm
You would add this to the panel.cfg file of the C-46. If you're not sure, make a safety copy of your current original panel.cfg. The top line is already there, so just add the new stuff below it.

Lee
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 6:55pm
Ok I'll try and let you know!

Btw (and wrong thread, I know) are you aware of any similar solution to the lack of superchargers in the DC-6, another unforgivable mishap in said plane?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 6:58pm
Ok I'll try and let you know!

Btw (and wrong thread, I know) are you aware of any similar solution to the lack of superchargers in the DC-6, another unforgivable mishap in said plane? What it would seem is that the panel animations won't work, the switch being permanently set to 'auto' (which I can live by), but reaching 12.000 ft, the damn thing won't switch to the next supercharger stage (if there is any in the plane!), as it should in the real thing.

This sloppiness amazes me (the commando apparently has a lot of them too). The plane is fit to release for hard cash, but the developer didn't see it necessary to make it work properly regarding the most basic things? The just flight products have been nothing but a disappointment to be, so far.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 3:27pm
I don't find too much of a problem with the old autopilot. It works, you just have to get used to how the gyro compass part of it operates.

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic