This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDC-8 Jetliner Series 50 to 70 - SP2 Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-8 Jetliner Series 50 to 70 - SP2 Problems
    Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:55pm
Some problems that i found in this new service pack: 

DC 8 50/60/70

Wing flood light not working after 3 usages (Down, Down, Up and freeze);

In flight reverse of inboard engines almost inusable, disarm when reaching the full reverse position and has no effect, that should be able to maintain full reverse;

DC 8 73 

EADI showing the wrong angle in compact mode;

Left flight director switch not working, just moves on off with the autopilot command;

DC 8 53/55

Both transponders not turn on in both of them;

Problems recorded

mseder View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 7:35pm
Hi

Updated!

DC-8-62/63
1 Can't see the horizon Gyro and the compass when flying night, all other inst lights works. This makes it impossible to perform any approach in darkness. 
2 Can't turn off taxi lights but toggle between taxi lights and landing lights. Old, did I miss something?
3 Where did the FD needles go. Only V-shaped command bar.
4 The new V-Shaped Flight director bar gives no direction at all making an ILS approach.
I can't find any documentation regarding F/D Trim and the attitude calibration knob. In the former version all this worked perfect in combination with the Needle-style Flight director command bars.

Is there anything I can do in aircraft.cfg to change this?

A support case is created for 1 and 3 and one for 4

Regards
Mats Sederholm
superflyer991 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 5:47am
Hey about the wing flood issue, I had noticed this a few months ago while flying the DC-8 series 10-40 and decided it was best not to use the floods at all.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:11am
Hi Nicholas,

Please report any issues to the support team so they can investigate further - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
flugkapitan911 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 8:28am
I'll send this on to the support team, but will post here as well. Other problems in addition to the above:

1. In the -73, A/P will not follow the loaded FMS or GPS plan. Tried this on two flights. Altitude hold is also very "iffy". Strangely enough, this is not a problem with the -60 series.

2. Standby Nav/Com/ADF frequencies almost impossible to read at night unless extremely zoomed in on them.

3. in the -60 & -70 series, frame rates are horrible on the ground and in flight in the vicinity of airports, stock scenery and with the AI turned way down (FSX-SE). I don't have this problem with more complex aircraft than the DC-8's.

Scott
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"
Simflyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:46am
60 and 70 series, frame rates drop significantly (example 26 FPS down to 12 FPS) during turns on the ground and in the air (FSX-SE).
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 7:59am
Thanks for the reports. AFAIK the only difference in the 60/70 Series is the FMC/glass gauges. We'll investigate with the help of the glass gauge developer.

Please continue to report any issues to the support team so we can properly log and investigate them.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic