This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DH.104 Dove & Devon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Devon VC panel change?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Devon VC panel change?
    Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 5:54pm
I had the pleasure of flying RNZAF Devons back in the 60's. I wonder if it would be possible to have an alternative panel that got rid of the "hood" at the peak of the panel (with the ADF frequency selector inserted) and instead have a similarly shaped panel top as the Dove version? Also, remove the (non-functional eye candy) Decca navigation system. I truly don't recall where the ADF was located but that area would be a logical place, though if you wanted to keep it authentic then I'm sure I can find some photos that would help.

I know it's a bit impertinent asking for a change to a mature product and I am absolutely ignorant about the techniques for making a VC panel. My assumption is that if you are able to "cut and paste" the top of the civilian Dove panel, change the color to match the Devon panel and relocate the ADF frequency selector gauge, it would give a more authentic experience. I suspect that the majority of Devons did not have the Decca system fitted.

I want the developer to know that I consider this a magnificent product and it has given me many, many hours of enjoyment and some deeply nostalgic moments! THANK YOU
Cheers
Ian

pennkiwi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:26am
I assume no answer means the answer is no.....
pennkiwi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:39am
It's now the end of August and no response whatsoever. I'm a bit disappointed as I've always found Just Flight support to be responsive and helpful. I don't think it was an unreasonable request but if it can't be done, it would be nice if someone took the time to say so...
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 1:08pm
Why? You were correct, and you told us in July the answer is `no`. Its all in the model.

I'm sure someone would have corrected you if you had been wrong.
pennkiwi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:33pm
Are you saying that models can't be modified by the person who produced them??? I made a courteous request and was hoping for a courteous reply from a staff member with actual knowledge of the developer's willingness or not to consider the request, which would give us an alternative Devon panel that is more characteristic of the Devons that operated in the 1960's and 70's.

My July post was meant as a rhetorical and ironic comment on the lack of a response of any kind. Ignoring someone's request on a forum provided for making such requests isn't really a "reply."

If someone who represented Just Flight's considered response to my question had said "no" I would have been perfectly willing to accept the decision. I wasn't really looking for a passive-aggressive reply from someone who apparently has nothing better to do than post a condescending and sarcastic response.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:17pm
The condescension and passive aggressiveness was surely in your own sarcastic tone at not having had a reply. Like you earned it.

Aywhow, you've now had a reply. Oh dear it's not what you hoped for. Far more important things to worry about, like when the Dove and Devon might be available for P3D v4. 

Get over yourself. Did you even use the correct channel? 

In a sarcastic and condescending tone, so as to satisfy your misinterpretation,  I should point out that the forums are NOT, and NEVER have been the correct channel for corresponding with the developers. 

Here we can all share in your discomfort, and revel or symapthise as we see fit... it's a public forum.

So, what happened when you submitted a ticket..? 

Sarcastic and condescending minds would like to know... Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic