This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > One-Eleven 300/400/500
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One Eleven 1.3 strange handling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:59am
Yes, but as I alluded to I think the stick-pusher is coded to the stall AoA because it is intended to operate before the actual stall - when you are banked, that AoA will be less at the point of the stall so you could sneak past it. I'd imagine the real thing would account for that.
jimos87 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 3:47pm
Just an update I've had increase the static thrust and thrust scalar just to be able to take off before I run out of runway but I can't get a good balance lol.  While this means I can manage to take off it also climbs like a rocket, It still needs to reach 180 knots - 200 knots to be able to take off which I think is too high for a small aircraft. I also thought my landing problems were solved by landing at a higher speed but it isn't there is something else going on there because when it starts as much as you pull on the sticks the nose still wont lift up. 
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

Yes, but as I alluded to I think the stick-pusher is coded to the stall AoA because it is intended to operate before the actual stall - when you are banked, that AoA will be less at the point of the stall so you could sneak past it. I'd imagine the real thing would account for that.

AOA is the only thing that matters. Regardless of weight and g load the aircraft stalls when stall AOA is exceeded. The airspeed at which this happens does of course vary with weight and g load.

Hopefully the stick pusher AOA in the sim is a little higher than stall warning AOA so you get some warning before the pusher kicks in.

Kevin
flugkapitan911 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flugkapitan911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 12:41pm
Hi all,

Just curious - are the developers looking into all of this?

Cheers,
Scoctt
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 1:42pm
Yes, we are.
flugkapitan911 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flugkapitan911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 2:23pm
Thank you! 

Thumbs Up
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 11:01am
If it's any help, I've noticed that the lateral stability problem, where the aircraft rolls back towards zero bank very quickly when wheel input is released, only affects the 500 series version. In the 300 and 400 series there is much less tendency to roll towards zero bank.

Kevin
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 9:49am
I have the same handling problems as noted by Kevin.  I find the elevators are almost ineffective whereas the elevator trim is too excessive.  Aircraft also seems reluctant to turn unless flight controls are fully deflected left or right and, upon release the aircraft rolls almost immediately back to level flight.

Tyring to depart usually results in stick shaker activation unless an unusually high ground speed is acheived. 

I am running the latest available download, V1.04 and Prepar3D V4. 

FYI, these problems were not evident in Prepar3D V3

Rgds

Ken
Kenneth Brattey
IanAbel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanAbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 2:40am
Same handling issues as Kevin and Ken above.

Latest version i.e. v1.04 and Prepar3Dv4
CourtLineFlyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CourtLineFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 7:25pm
I wanted to add that I'm having the same issues with the 1-11 in P3Dv4 which were not seen in FSX.  The aircraft just sticks to the ground and won't lift off unless there is >5 deg of trim and the elevator tabs are in the max up position, and even then at +200 knots.  Then the aircraft goes into an immediate stall, and the elevators tabs remain in the up position.  It is impossible to reset them without reloading the aircraft.  It doesn't seem to matter how much fuel or what the payload is, the aircraft just behaves badly.

Looking forward to the fix...after the VC-10 this is my favourite craft!
jimos87 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:48am
Is there any update to this yet
IanAbel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanAbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by jimos87 jimos87 wrote:

Is there any update to this yet

It would appear that since this issue has been posted about several times over a month ago with NO RESPONSE here, that there isn't even anyone interested in addressing it, let alone getting an update out.

Very displeased with having spent the money to NOT have a working a/c and not having any support for it either...
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:21pm
Agreed. I've got a lot of time for Just Flight and often recommend it to other flight sim enthusiasts as a great place to buy from, and not only for JF's offerings, but for other developer's stuff too because of the normally excellent service, products and the nice reward points scheme.

But I have to be honest and say that the present lack of attention given to the BAC 1-11 and the more recent C-46 Commando, which has some problems that really should have been picked up on before release, are not the kind of thing I've come to expect from Just Flight.

I hope this is just a temporary state of affairs, but temporary or not, if I was in any way in charge of things at Just Flight, I'd be starting to get a little concerned about it, because if it keeps up, and standards starting to slip become the norm, it is going to change opinions on the normally excellent service Just Flight offers.

As noted, I am a fan of Just Flight, and I really like the loyalty points scheme, but remember that loyalty works both way guys, and if it is abused, it goes away.
Renidroc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renidroc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:42pm
I agree, the delay after the promise of a fix is not really good enough.

The fact this plane was allowed out of the hangar with such issues shows that it wasn’t tested properly as simply taking off in the BA model ends with stall etc.

Please fix, it’s a classic aircraft!
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:13pm
There are several posts in this thread saying that Just Flight are working on this. Have some patience.
IanAbel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanAbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 3:43pm
Sorry, but "have some patience" might be a valid comment if someone had responded more recently that 6 WEEKS ago, and only then with a simple "yes we are".
Given the problem was reported longer ago than that even, and there are no updates to suggest they are proceeding, it's perfectly reasonable for paying customers to query and also EXPECT some sort of more regular feedback.
Jakobarnholtz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakobarnholtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:43pm
I bought this product just after release. I was waiting patiently for a looooong time before the ILS problem was fixed. (6-or 7 months)

When I finally updated the 1-11 this summer the new problem rose-Trim issue, as experienced by many others. 
Gives the impression, that you rather spit out new airplanes, instead of fixing what was not finished in the first place, and that is, of course not true, or what?  

Some kind of statemen is the least you could give us. 

Jakob Arnholtz
< ="application/x-dap-" id="DAPPlugin" style="visibility: collapse">
Blaze View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:03pm
Yep, I have held off purchasing for P3dV4 because of this thread. Can't buy with confidence given the lack of response by JF.
jimos87 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:48am
Ive started to encounter another problem after a fresh install it keeps banking left for no reason at all.
Nigel Edwards View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Edwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:44pm
I've uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled 1.01 in FSX.   All good and back to normal with 101.

Best wishes
Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:
1. Runway behind you
2. Fuel in the bowser
3. Money in the bank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic