This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Performance Tables

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Performance Tables
    Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:33pm
Hello,

I purchased the combo kit for this A/C.  I am flying the non turbo ver.  Trying to follow the performance tables doesn't seem to produce the desired results.
At the stated power setting ie 55 65%, cruise RPM 2500, 2200 etc, the stated OAT and a gross weight under the value shown, the TAS is always very low (mixture is at peak).  Anywhere from 30 to 40 knots low.  It "seems" way under powered.
I have reinstalled a cpl times downloaded a cpl times and made sure all virus protection is off.
Also how do you know which ver you have?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Steve
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:09pm
Definitely something wrong there, then! I've just taken the Arrow up for a series of tests and am getting the required figures having changed the sim to display true airspeed (e.g. 1000ft, 55%, 2200rpm, 2750lb AUW, OAT 16, peak mixture = 110KTAS). If you're 30 to 40 kts slower than that, you must be having serious problems flying it as that's not far above stall speed.

What sim are you in?
RCflyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 8:33pm
Your right.  For the most part the A/C would be hanging on its nose just able to keep airborne.  I have revisited what I was doing and and now find the values to be closer in agreement.  Thank you for looking into this for me.

Steve
Tinian View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 5:09pm
   I have done this before. Possible that the landing gear was not retracted or in retracting the flaps there was still one setting left??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic