This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nav 1 not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nav 1 not working
    Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 10:31pm
I cant get Nav 1 to work most of the time.  I have the radio frequencies set correctly and turned on.
Are there special settings needed to get this to work?  Nav 2 works fine.  I am flying the Arrow IV.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 11:11am
Hi Tom,

There is nothing special about NAV 1 versus NAV 2. Both receivers should function identically. 

The conditions for both are:

- Electrical power available (battery master, alternator)
- NAV1/NAV2 circuit breakers in
- Power/mode switch set to VOICE or IDENT

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 7:13pm
Martin,

It is only doing this on the IV model it is working fine on the III.  On the IV you can see it turn on but the vertical and horizontal red stripes remain visible.  The Nav 2 works fine on both the III & IV versions.

Tom
Tom
THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 11:13pm
I just changed the Mod switcher for both the III and IV versions to no GTN or GTS and the VOR 1 & 2 run normally.  Please don't ask me why....grin.

Just for your info,

Tom
Tom
keithb31 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithb31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 8:40am
Hi
I am also having the same symptoms with the Turbo tutorial where Nav1 does not seem to be active when using the GTN 750, in my case, though Nav 2 is OK.  I found that going into the Menu bar add-on options for the Turbo and cycling through the options using the "Toggle KX 170/GTN 650/GTN 750" brings the Nav 1 back into correct working order.   The Turbo switcher module is set for the GTN option already.  I guess there must be some bug here somewhere preventing the GTN linking its data to the Nav1 unit, at least initially?
Regards
Keith
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:17pm
I'm having the same problems as mentioned above. I find that as said paging through the gps versions fix this for the current flight, it happens in all the Arrows and also the Warrior.
Seems only when the Gtns are used.

Anthony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic