This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wheel noise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wheel noise
    Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:43pm
There is one thing I am not sure of.  On takeoff from a standing start as soon as I lift off, there is a roaring noise.  I first thought it was the wheels turning so I hit the brakes and then raised the gear.  The noise continued after the gear was up and locked.  I then went to external view and nothing looked amiss.  I returned to cockpit view and the noise was gone.

I went around and did a touch and go.  This time there was no noise.  I did another full stop and then takeoff  and the noise returned.  It again stopped when I went to external view.  I tried this several times and the same sequences kept repeating.

From a positive side this is one of the best planes I have, and I have nearly everyone released....grin.  It fly's like a dream and I am getting FPS in the twenty's and thirties with scenery maxed out.  I don't see how the cockpit can get any more realistic.  I spent my whole career in Boeing flight test so I am very familiar with planes in general and have spent a lot of time in light planes.

Thanks again for such a great plane.

Tom 

Tom
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 7:58am
Hi Tom,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the aircraft Thumbs Up

Can you identify which of the sounds it is by playing the sound files located in these folders?

\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_PA28_Arrow\sound
\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_PA28_Arrow\panel\Sound

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 2:04pm
Hi Martyn,

The best I can tell is that it is the JF_PA 28-Arrow\sound\TSS-Wind.wav.

Hope this helps,

Tom
Tom
colb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:22pm
This happened to me when I first flew the Arrow and I found it was the door not latching correctly . I had to close the latch on the door handle properly and then lock the lever above the door. The noise stopped immediately.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic