This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scenery In Emails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scenery In Emails
    Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:14pm
This may have been asked before and apologies to those who are reading this again, but I ask what scenery packages do Just Flight use when sending out their eshots (and costly!) offers etc?

I have just received the eshot of the Piper Turbo Arrow and the other day I had one about the Dove and the screenshots used for the marketing have got me looking more at the scenery the shots of the plane.

I would like to know what JF are using sim and package wise for there shots if anyone knows.

Many thanks,
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:22pm
Locations vary from product to product. We typically use scenery available from our website - https://www.justflight.com/category/flight-sim-add-ons/scenery-and-airports

The Turbo Arrow screenshots were taken at Twentynine Palms and Nantucket Island:

The Dove screenshots were taken at Oban:

(a couple of the aerial shots were taken over Bluesky photographic scenery, close to Mammoth Lakes in the USA).

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:57am
Mention of Nantucket reminds me of a trip I made there in the mid 80s. Went across on the ferry and then discovered would have to stay on to return. I had been told that there was an air taxi service on the island and decided to chance my luck later.
I first stopped at a bar and stepped outside to enjoy the April sunshine. Told that no drinking allowed in the street (what a sensible law) and after finishing my Bud, visited the whaling museum, fascinating displays.
After quick lunch set out to walk to the airport where I was told by Gull aviation could wait for a space on their busy schedule. On the way was going to take a short cut through some scrub when saw a notice warning of ticks and Lyme disease. I walked round the long way. 
I waited about an hour and then boarded a twin engine  plane for trip back to Hyannis. Interested to see that the fairings behind the engines used to carry light luggage.
Then drove into Boston for the night and next morning on way to Bermuda.
johnep
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:51pm
Now discovered Gull Airlines defunct and replaced by Island airlines. Plane was a Cessna 402.
johnep
johnep
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic