This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warning ..Do not buy route/traindownloads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul kossoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warning ..Do not buy route/traindownloads
    Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:00pm
How would you feel when like me you had spent at least £400 on trains /routes etc in download form ..only to buy a new computer and have the just trains downloads reject your email address & password ..even though they are the the very same email and password you have just used to access your just trains account  !! AngryAngry believe me ..I am angry beyond words ..having taken a rest day from work in order to spend the day getting all my downloads back onto my new pc ..only to have them all rejected !!
paul kossoff View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul kossoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:03pm
and yes I'm talking £400 or more ..almost every route / locomotive that's available from just trains , now all gone !! I'm Bloody  fuming !!
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 10:56am
Did you at least try contacting support?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 6:54pm
Hi,
If you could access your account on your old PC then you will still be able to access it on your new PC. There is nothing that ties it to a particular PC - all it's doing is checking the email address and password. Ensure you are entering the correct password. If that fails then do a password reminder and you will be up and running.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:47am
...and if you still have problems logging in then contact our support team and they'll help you http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
woggissair View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woggissair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:00pm
I,ve just had a simular problem I changed my e-mail address then got locked out of my train simulator by steam, when I informed them of my new e-mail address they then treated me as a visitor to my a/c asking me to get permission from myself to log on, it seems there is no record of me on their account as I bought my simulator from JT I did get it sorted in the end,I had to provide them with the product seriel key number from my disc before they accepted me as genuine. I agree most annoying as I had bought add ons that I couldn't get access to, incidently I did try JT support first but after a quirie from them which I answerd they didn't come back again good luck with it.

Eric
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:38pm
Hi Eric,

I'm not sure why you didn't receive a subsequent reply from our support team but if that ever happens then it is worth contacting them again as emails from us occasionally get 'lost in transit' courtesy of spam filters, email providers etc.

That said, it sounds like the issue you encountered was related to the Steam client that Train Simulator uses rather than our own product activation/account system and therefore we'd have had very limited options in providing support as we have no control over the Steam platform.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
woggissair View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woggissair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 2:28pm
Hi Martyn,
     Thanks for your reply I appreciate what you are saying re Steam Its just my usual practice to try the company I bought the product from first, It appears to happen on change of password, e-mail or in Pauls case new pc. I was lucky I had a boxed edition so found my seriel no easily. Thanks again martyn.
                           Best wishes.

Eric
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:34am
Just to advise everyone that the original poster finally got the problem sorted.  It was an issue at his end (maybe faulty keyboard) and nothing to do with our system.  Of course you can change your PC as many times as you wish and simply log back in to your account to download your products again.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic