This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrust reverse buckets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thrust reverse buckets
    Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:42pm
As far as I can see in the manual the thrust reverse buckets can only be activated by looking down at the switches in the cockpit ? no success so far as I usually run off the runway whilst looking for the switches.
Can F2 be adapted for this? or can anyone tell me off a quick and easy way ?  
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 3:58pm
How I do it is by right-clicking both throttles whilst on final to land; as at that point you shouldn't be needing to go any more than dry thrust, and once you touch down and the reversers deploy, just push the throttle forwards to slow down.

I'm not aware of any button/shortcut for this, but that's how I get around having to click the throttles.

Max
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:45am
You can 'rock the throttles outboard' to arm the lift dumpers and reverse thrust by using the spoiler arm assignment (Shift+/ by default).

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
clivedrake View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clivedrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:50am
I use the "air brakes arm" (or similar) command using a joystick switch programmed using FSUIPC.
Clive
tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 2:47pm
Many thanks for that advice I tried the Shift+/ and it worked straight away, had a few bells and whistles come up on landing but am getting there.  
Roebuck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:27am
The Bells and Whistles are the Re-ingest warning, Telling you to stow the buckets as you are at risk of the engines re-ingesting their own exhaust which would do them no good. If memory serves it kicks in at 50-60 Knots. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic