Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Planning Delta and American flights to Sydney

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Planning Delta and American flights to Sydney
    Posted: 05 May 2017 at 9:56am
Hello flight simmers Trying to plan Delta and American airlines flights into Sydney but having trouble, I am using the 777s of both airlines but trying to plan them from Honoululu to Sydney I keep getting the red line and I am wondering if the international date line has some thing to do with the times. I have tried leaving at all times during the day and the night and also tried leaving Honolulu right on 23.59 but still get the red line when it comes to landing in Sydney. Is there a way around the date line or should that not have an affect on the game?
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:52pm
Having looked thru all of the flights I have scheduled that go between PHNL and YSSY, I noticed that they are all planned as WEEKLY schedules.
So I tried this and - yes it works if you do it this way! It is to do with Dateline.
So to achieve your required schedules, do them as WEEKLY.
Good luck.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:15pm
I concur.

It is VERY MUCH to do with the International Date Line. As your plane crosses it, the time can "go backwards" (usually to the previous day). This can cause Traffic X to show the error that this flight leg needs to start a minimum of 50 minutes after the previous leg ends; and even if the time on your Traffic X screen does appear to be correct and is indeed 50 minutes after the previous leg.

Ray is correct that the way to get around this is to set weekly schedules.

That said, there IS a way to "trick" the program and still have it work as a daily schedule, but it is an advanced technique involving manual text editing of the schedule file(s) and A LOT of painstaking increment and decrement adjustments using trial and error, which then need you to compile, followed by a subsequent running of the sim to test the result – each and every time. Rinse and repeat until you get it right. It can take ages. It revolves around using informed guesswork, a little bit of logic, and manually writing the times in the schedule file, resulting in Traffic X representing it using this strange format ... -12:- ... which you may have seen in some of the default schedules that shipped with the program. I still haven't worked out that weird format and what it represents (in fact it could even be a bug that it writes it like that). But, if you have the patience, you CAN get a schedule to work as a daily schedule if you persevere. I've done a handful of daily schedules which cross the Dateline using this method. But, truth be known, it is easier to just stick to doing weekly schedules.

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 12:22pm
Thanks guys I will try that, I will see if I can plan LAX PHNL SYD PNHL LAX and do it weekly will let you know how I go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic