This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk Tacpack problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawk Tacpack problems
    Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 5:17pm
First of all, thank you just flight for giving us this update for free.

However, I have encountered a number of problems:

Switches frequently become unclickable, forcing me to reload the aircraft

I cannot get the gunsight to work

I don't know how to assign a joystick button to the pickle button

The guns aren't firing

I am relatively new to Tacpack so some of these problems may seem obvious to some, but not me. Thanks in advance!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 6:21pm
Hi,

Switches - make sure your VC position hasn't shifted backwards so that you are viewing the cockpit from inside the seat geometry. 

Gunsight - ensure that power is on, and if it's not showing, try moving your VC eye point down a bit so that you are looking through the HUD

Joystick assignments for the pickle and trigger are done in the Tacpack exe that you can launch from the Start menu

If the guns aren't firing, try using the auto-arm icon on the icon panel to ensure all the safeties are correctly set. 

I hope that helps. If not then let me know. 
Jamz8 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 3:51pm
Thanks, all problems sorted, it was me being a noob! :)
Jamz8 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 4:29pm
Actually hold that thought, the switches still keep randomly becoming unclickable, please help!

Thanks
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:48pm
Hi,
Please try adjusting the seat forward and see if that resolves it. 
Jamz8 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:37pm
Hi, thanks for the reply but it didn't work, the switches would very briefly become clickable but then stop being clickable:(
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:04am
Is there a manual to set up for TacPack drone takedown? I have spawned a drone in single player and closed in to around 0.5Nm behind it.
Using the gunpod, the gun burst open (with the gun sound also)for a split second, then discontinued to work. Also no missiles, or A/G bombs will not release from the rails. I have tried this in both FSX_SE and the boxed version to the same result.
HotelZulu
coopes1963 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopes1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:31am
I have noticed a few issues on my installation these are as follows Sidewinders will not launch at target even with the correct weapon switch positions.Below is a quote from the manual on weapons arming :
AAM switch – when the Select caption is illuminated green, the Sidewinder circuits are live and the target finding mode is enabled. Ensure that the Select caption is lit and the AAM caption goes out when preparing to use missiles.
This differs from your video tutorial no mention of this in the sidewinder video instruction.Is this essential because the AAM caption does not go out, select caption remains illuminated green.
Also if i select a mixed ground ordinance load of 2x rocket pods 2x mk83 bombs and the gun pod
After using all the rockets and gun ammo i select the switch from RP to the B position continue my run into the target press the pickle to release and the bombs don't drop.The way i got around this was to deselect all weapon systems switches open the icons panel and select the auto arming of the weapon switches.Hotzoner check that you have not got the AAM switched on, the AAM caption should be orange.If it is switched off open the weapons configuration manager deselect and then re-select the weapons you want and then select the auto arming icon.
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:05pm
@ coopes1963 I have successfully dropped the MK-83's from both pylons, however I still cannot launch an aim-9M off the launch rails even when the AAM switch is selected (highlighted green), and have systems live and obtained the growl audio.
HotelZulu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic