This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Tacpack upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Tacpack upgrade
    Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:59am
Hi all,

We've just release a free upgrade that adds full Tacpack integration to the Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer. If you log in to your account, you can download the latest installer to get the new TacPack-compatible Hawk software.

The Hawk now features working external fuel tanks as well as TacPack-compatible weaponry with the correct brackets and mounts for all weapon 

Aden 30mm centre line gun pod 
AIM 9M, Magic II air-to-air missiles, with CATM-9 practice missile 
CBLS/BDU-33, MK-82, MK-82SE, MK-83 and BDU-50 bombs 
Matra LRF4 and LAU-68 rocket launcher pods 

Viking01 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viking01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:36pm
Great news!
I downloaded the new software a couple of minutes ago. I cannot install it, however, as it generates an error stating that a file could not have been created, then I'm back at my desktop. 
Do I need to install the TacPac first to use it with the Hawk?
Regards
Gunter
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:47pm
Hi,
Could you try redownloading it to make sure you haven't got a corrupted file. If that doesn't help then could you drop the support team an email via support@justflight.com and they will be able to look into it for you. If you could send a screenshot of the error along with it, that would be great. 

You don't need to have the Tacpack to be able to install it. 

Thanks
Rich 
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:58pm
So the tacpac hawk replaces the original hawk?

Do we need to removed original hawk first?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 1:02pm
Hi,
This replaces the previous version. Uninstall your existing version and then install the latest one available in your account. 

Thanks
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 1:03pm
WilKo!
Thank for your reply.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 1:08pm
You're welcome. 

@Viking01 It seems like there is a glitch in the German language part of the installer. We'll get this sorted, but in the meantime if you can run it again and choose English or French this time then you should be fine. 

Viking01 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viking01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 1:24pm
Thanks, give to a try...
Regards
Gunter
Viking01 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viking01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 1:29pm
Works fine in English!
Regards
Gunter
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 6:17pm
are all these logos supposed to stay lit now?

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ai3u50hquI_shYcEE2eupvxdcbOYMA
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 6:23pm
Yes they are. I changed the way they work to make it easier to find the one you're looking for when they have been toggled off. 
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 6:28pm
ok .. i peferd the old methard. any chance of a toggle to show when on then please

mkjordan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkjordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:43pm
Hi Viking01.

I had the same, there must be something wrong with the German instaler.

Greetings from Cologne
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:06am
Kaboooom!!! Ahh nope, that wasn't A/G ordnance... That was my mid air collision (again)!!! Thanks for the TP release guys :D
HotelZulu
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:45am
Is there a manual to set up for TacPack drone takedown? I have spawned a drone in single player and closed in to around 0.5Nm behind it.
Using the gunpod, the gun burst open (with the gun sound also)for a split second, then discontinued to work. Also no missiles, or A/G bombs will not release from the rails. I have tried this in both FSX_SE and the boxed version to the same result.
HotelZulu
tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:32pm
I have downloaded the TacPack version. all set up fine, set the missiles as per Weapons control panel
( Mass to live, etc. etc.)  I am given to  understand that the weapons should fire ? nothing to tell me what to press to fire weapons, went to TacPack site it says use Shift + Ctrl + C (pickle) still no fire?

petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:37pm
Look at my posts about the P3Dv4 Hawk and Tacpack. Gun fires, bombs drop but missiles and rockets do not fire. Raised a support ticket, all I got was "reinstall". Reported back that it didn't work but no responcefrom the support desk.
tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:37pm
All weapons load for me but that is all, none actually fires I have done as per manual and also looked at the TacPac website no luck. Although it is nice to have the additional options to the aircraft and not wishing to criticise the excellent Just flight, but I do wish they would not imply that this is a full package with working weapons when it is not.   
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:53pm
It worked just fine in FSX, but in P3Dv4 only the bombs work as they should for me. The gun does work, but the only effect is the bullet strikes on the ground, no sound or muzzle flash. Rockets will not launch and missiles are dead, no tone, no launch.
Possibly the problem is connected to the new 64 bit Tacpac, but it works correctly with the Milviz F-86 & F-100 and their Corsair. It also works with Dino's Typhoon and S-211.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by petesmiffy petesmiffy wrote:

It worked just fine in FSX, but in P3Dv4 only the bombs work as they should for me. The gun does work, but the only effect is the bullet strikes on the ground, no sound or muzzle flash. Rockets will not launch and missiles are dead, no tone, no launch.
Possibly the problem is connected to the new 64 bit Tacpac, but it works correctly with the Milviz F-86 & F-100 and their Corsair. It also works with Dino's Typhoon and S-211.

Hi. Is there any news on this issue?

I have P3dv4 and am interested in all TacPack featured aircraft. The Hawk is on my wish list, but don't want to buy simulations that are not fully tested with 64 bit.

Sims that worked in FSX will typically not work n 64 bit, especially when there is complex code from a 64 bit add on like TacPack.

TacPack was recently "upgraded" with a patch for 64 bit, so this needs to be taken in consideration when using any aircraft with TacPack.

Best regards

David
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic