This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still won't start Part II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:35pm
Hi Martyn

I have just sent the reply to Martin at tech regarding the tests. I think I may know what was causing it as everything is fine now.

I think it is the thing with the fsx default aircraft not being the 172, let me know if you agree when they forward the email to you. May help others.

Anthony
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:50pm
Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue here to confirm that it is caused by the default aircraft being changed, but we typically recommend that the default flight is left untouched as that has been known to cause problems with other products in the past.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:54pm
I don't know how it had changed, but seems ok now with the 172 set.
I think it's safe to get the turbo now.

Anthony
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by anthonye anthonye wrote:

I don't know how it had changed, but seems ok now with the 172 set.
I think it's safe to get the turbo now.

Anthony

Well, I spoke to soon,
[QTY]
OIL=8.00
BATT=0.02
CHECK=1.23
WRITE_TEST=0
[OPTIONS]
GPS=0
DISABLE_SOUNDS=0
DISABLE_FAILURES=0
DISABLE_STATESAVE=0
DISABLE_PANELSEL=0
DISABLE_CFGSAVE=0

It has reset again and also the Turbo is playing up now with power etc.
What do you advise now, sit tight or request a refund on them both.

No fuel flow, flat battery, no oil

Are others who are getting the problems using FSX Boxed or Steam. I am using Steam as I have mentioned before.

Anthony

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 7:55pm
Hi Anthony,

Please let Martin know and he can continue his investigation. Alternatively you are of course welcome to have a refund/exchange (Martin can arrange that too).

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:21pm
Ok Martyn

I am just feeling that I am a pain in the backside, really want these to work.
I am thinking of putting fsx steam on my other desktop as a basic setup and try that without anything else on there just to see if the same happens

Is that possible to install steam on another logged in with the same account, I suppose it would disable this one then.

Anthony
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:23pm
Everything fine now, sent you a PM explaining.

Anthony
b1bmsgt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1bmsgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:21pm
Can you let the rest of us know?

Thank you!
Master Sergeant, USAF, Retired
Former T-33A Crew Chief
Former B-1B Crew Chief/Maintenance Expediter
Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by b1bmsgt b1bmsgt wrote:

Thank you!

Ok will do tomorrow morning uk time. It may be worth a try certainly worked for me after a lot of trying. Nothing tech about it just different way of loading the saved flight if thats where you have the problem to start.

Anthony
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by b1bmsgt b1bmsgt wrote:

Thank you!

I have just pasted what I sent to martyn.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spent the last couple of days trying things with this problem, seems odd but this is what I have found.
Only thing in the config I have altered and use is below.
This works everytime if I follow this procedure, works perfect for the TB10-TB20, Arrow and Turbo version

[QTY]
OIL=8.00
BATT=11.95
CHECK=1.23
WRITE_TEST=0
[OPTIONS]
GPS=0
DISABLE_SOUNDS=0
DISABLE_FAILURES=1
DISABLE_STATESAVE=0
DISABLE_PANELSEL=0
DISABLE_CFGSAVE=0

When loading FS having the default 172 showing in the Free Flight window, leave it as Friday Harbor and Fly Now. When it has loaded, go to the file menu and load the saved
flight of Arrows or TB's from there. The saved position loads fine, panel as left and starts ok and averything is it should be.
No problems with aircraft whatsoever doing it this way everytime.
One thing I have found, only on the non turbo arrow. When starting a new flight and the engine is turned off, it will not start again.
But if the flight is saved when it won't start, exit out and change the config to above as it will zero everything. When the flight is loaded as above
everything works fine from there on without problems on further saves, just on the non Turbo this happens on for the initial save.
I seem to have read awhile ago elswhere this is the correct way if there are problems. May be something on here but tried disabling all addons but that made no
difference before this. Anyway, everthing runs perfect now with all of them so I'm happy now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do this now for all payware aircraft just to make sure.
Give it a try, you may be lucky

Anthony
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 5:19am
...Could someone please tell me where i can find the "JF_PA28R.cfg" so I can make the changes to be able to start/fly this thing?
Best Regards
Pelle
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 10:48am
Hi Pelle,

If you need to modify the cfg file then it is found here - C:\Users\[Your username]\AppData\Roaming\JustFlight

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic