This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still won't start Part II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still won't start Part II
    Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:04pm
I had said earlier that the problem of the plane loading as started but shutting down
immediately afterwards had been solved. Sorry, I spoke too soon.

I downloaded the new version 2.1, deleted the old, made sure all traces of the old 
were gone, installed, and before flying, checked that the options in the JF_PA28R.cfg 
file, in particular the DISABLE_FAILURES option, were = 1. 

I started up the PA28R, and everything worked fine, the plane loaded running and 
stayed running. 

But as soon as I exited FSX, and checked on the options again, guess what? Yes, 
everything had changed back to "= 0". I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, changing 
the 0's to 1's, and even tried deleting my fsx.cfg file, and letting FSX build a new 
one (which brought up the requests to re-approve the Arrow's .dll files), and still 
the same result: the option 1's always changed back to 0's as soon as I exited 
FSX.

This seems to tell me the DISABLE_FAILURES=0 option is hard wired into the plane, 
at least on my system.

As said before, it's not a problem to restart when this happens (Engine Maintenance 
off, refill oil, refill gas, recharge battery, click Ready To Fly), but it's a bit of an 
immersion breaker on an otherwise really fun to fly plane.

If you know a way to keep the Disable Engine Failures at "1" when I exit FSX, please 
let me know.

Thanks - Rob
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:56am
Hi Rob,

Are you running FSX as an administrator? It sounds like something is preventing the Arrow gauge from properly accessing the cfg file.

If you can get in touch with our support team then we can send you over some test gauges so we can find a solution.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
BBCM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 2:09pm
Thanks Martyn, I will send in a ticket. I confirm that I am running FSX as administrator.

- Rob
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 3:08pm
Thanks Rob. I've asked the support team to send you a new test gauge/cfg file to see if that sorts the problem.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 3:25pm
Hi Martin

I have exactly the same problem and tried all things that BBCBM has above. This appeared to happen after the latest update as before it was not a problem.

I am running in admin mode and the JF_PA28R.cfg  is not being changed at all and tried what BBCBM has.
The GTN750 is not loading up after being  setup in the panel when a saved flight is loaded, just the default radio's and all switches are off on the rest of the panel. Seems to be loaded up as Cold and Dark.

I am using fsx Steam Edition.
Windows 10
Nvidea Geforce
Flight1 Gtn's

I have put in a ticket and linked it to this thread, can I try the test gauge/cfg

Getting a bit frustrated with it now, will leave it to I hear from somebody

Thanks
Anthony

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:59am
Hi Anthony,

If they haven't already done so, our support team will contact you shortly with the test gauge.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:01am
Ok, will keep my eye open

Thanks
Anthony
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:34am
Hi Martin

Whilst I have been waiting to hear from support regarding the test gauge. I changed the JF_PA28R.cfg
to show the gtn720 and the DISABLE_FAILURES to 1.

It worked ok on the first load of the aircraft but reset everything back to zero next time flight.

Will have to wait until I hear from them.

Anthony
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:33am
Martin

I have just replied to you email you sent today.

Anthony
b1bmsgt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1bmsgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:49am
Please let us know when and how this gets fixed, OK?

Thanks!

Russ
Master Sergeant, USAF, Retired
Former T-33A Crew Chief
Former B-1B Crew Chief/Maintenance Expediter
Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:54am
Originally posted by b1bmsgt b1bmsgt wrote:

Thanks!

Russ

The files that were sent to me yesterday made no difference.
I have replied to the email from JF yesterday a couple of times but have not even had a reply. I offered for them to connect to me using Teamviewer as perhaps that would help them see whats going on and would make it perhaps easier for them.

Will take it off now as it's not usable, will definetly give the Turbo a miss.

Very dissapointed with it all

Anthony
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:24am
Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately we can't promise to reply numerous times a day as we have other customers to reply to. In this case further investigation is also required (they are working on a solution) and therefore replies won't be instantaneous.

If you are unhappy to wait for them to investigate the issue then please let them know that you'd prefer a refund or exchange and they'll be happy to arrange that for you.

P.s. Just to clarify, Martin handles technical support rather than me.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:26am
Originally posted by b1bmsgt b1bmsgt wrote:

Thanks!

Russ

Hi Russ,

Please contact support if you are also encountering this issue (or something similar). The more information we receive, the easier it is to identify a possible cause.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:05pm
An updated version of the product is now available to download from your account. Please check to see if you still encounter the engine start issues when using this new version.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:24pm
No luck here exactly the same as before, panel state is not saving and engine will not start, default GPS is loaded when it should have been the Gtn750 as when saved.

After fresh install it was sat on the ground with engine running all switches on etc.
I turned everything off saved, then when loaded up turned what needed to be on, no engine start.

Here is the cfg copied from the new location after a save.

[QTY]
OIL=8.00
BATT=10.87
CHECK=1.23
WRITE_TEST=0
[OPTIONS]
GPS=0
DISABLE_SOUNDS=0
DISABLE_FAILURES=1
DISABLE_STATESAVE=0
DISABLE_PANELSEL=0
DISABLE_CFGSAVE=0

Anthony
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by anthonye anthonye wrote:

No luck here exactly the same as before, panel state is not saving and engine will not start, default GPS is loaded when it should have been the Gtn750 as when saved.

After fresh install it was sat on the ground with engine running all switches on etc.
I turned everything off saved, then when loaded up turned what needed to be on, no engine start.

Here is the cfg copied from the new location after a save.

[QTY]
OIL=8.00
BATT=10.87
CHECK=1.23
WRITE_TEST=0
[OPTIONS]
GPS=0
DISABLE_SOUNDS=0
DISABLE_FAILURES=1
DISABLE_STATESAVE=0
DISABLE_PANELSEL=0
DISABLE_CFGSAVE=0

Anthony

Forgot to mention that when save loaded up, a Red message comes up low oil and panel initialize was also shown in Red.

Engine management was supposed to be off

Anthony 
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:23pm
Just a random thought - are you logged on to your computer as something other than Admin account? I have two accounts and there are certain things that won't run under 'my' account (such as Nvidia Shadowplay) but which work perfectly under the Admin account. Perhaps something in your computer setup is preventing the selections made from permanently overwriting the original files?
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:38pm
The account shows as admin, but will check it out again later.

Anthony
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:57pm
Also, if you're FS installation is on th 'C' drive (i.e. the default installation position), DEP on Win7 and Win10 is another thing that has a habit of preventing files being overwritten. Just trying to think of things which could be causing your problems because it seems as though the base of it is an inability for files to be permanently altered.

IF either of my suggestions could be the problem, I think the solution (or at least, part of it) will be for you to change the permissions on the folder in which the files are stored to allow full control of the files within. With full control, files should be able to be overwritten and saved.

anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

Also, if you're FS installation is on th 'C' drive (i.e. the default installation position), DEP on Win7 and Win10 is another thing that has a habit of preventing files being overwritten. Just trying to think of things which could be causing your problems because it seems as though the base of it is an inability for files to be permanently altered.

IF either of my suggestions could be the problem, I think the solution (or at least, part of it) will be for you to change the permissions on the folder in which the files are stored to allow full control of the files within. With full control, files should be able to be overwritten and saved.

I have done all of what you suggested still no joy.
Strange thing is that the TB-10 and TB-20 aircraft work fine, no problems whatsoever with panel state on them.

The only thing that I have not tried is un-installing Advanced System Care by Iobit, but that has background monitoring off. 
The other thing I could do uninstall the Arrow, and turn of Windows Defender whilst installing.

Thanks for your help

Anthony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic