This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tutorial - approach V/L & GSL not working for me
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tutorial - approach V/L & GSL not working for me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DaveR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorial - approach V/L & GSL not working for me
    Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:13pm
Well I've not revisited this one until today, as I've spent most time in other aircraft and have also been upgrading my system. However I like the 146 and felt it was time to look at this again. Bit surprised to see no responses nor suggestions, and I'm still keen to hear from more experienced users.

Anyway in trying this again, I've had mixed results but the thing that's puzzling me are the steps on page 48 of the tutorial. So at about 20 miles out, 3000' we enter the course of 055, which is familiar, but the NAV frequency of 108.9 has me confused. Which runway is this supposed to relate to? Is it just an error that should read 111.55 for 05R?

If I'm being dense I am quite happy to be enlightened!
Smile
DaveR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:29pm
Firstly I have to say how much I like the 146. I'm fairly new to FSX and haven't added much payware besides the CLS 747. I wanted the 146 as it's an aircraft I've enjoyed a few flights in and love the punch they have.

Anyways now I seem to have sussed out my engine start issues, my next hurdle is the whole navigation into localiser and glide slope on approach.
I appreciate the way the plane works is quite different from my other faves, and TBH I hadn't appreciated that before. 

I've got my head around takeoff, ascent, levelling and maintaining speed into descent rate - I'm using the supplied tutorial here, but on approach things just don't seem to be happening as expected despite following the steps to the letter where distance, altitude and speed are concerned. So far I've had to kill the AP as it's seems it isn't finding the localiser and GS as suggested, and I end up slam dunking manually. I don't think I'm being impatient as just on the basis of "feel" the 146 seems to high and too close to EGCC 05R.

So i can see I'm reaching 3000 altitude at about 20nm, speed on the nail, I then dial in the ILS freq @ 55 and frequency of 108.9. However shortly thereafter the DME value disappears, so the step of hitting V/L @ 7.5nm, followed by GSL isn't working as expected. I've tried them to see what happens when the localiser looks good, but neither button illuminates.

Any help appreciated here. I suspect I'm missing another step perhaps, alternately if anyone can point me to a recommended tutorial or reference vid perhaps, that'd be great!
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic