This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel flow incorrect?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel flow incorrect?
    Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 12:10pm
Hi, very nice looking plane Smile
But as an FSEconomy user I have a concern with the fuel flow, it seems to be pretty much locked at around 370 GPH, I can make large power changes without change to the fuel flow.
In real life it should be around 210-220 GPH (US) I think.
370 GPH and 1440 gallons = less than 4 hours aloft and a significant reduction range and increase in fuel costs Cry

I could play with the fuel flow scalar but maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Fuel trimmers would be a possibility but I don't think they are modelled.

Nothing about this mentioned that I can see in the upcoming patch notes, except maybe FDE improvements.

Cheers
Keith
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:31pm
Hi Keith,

What altitude/power settings are you using?

I've just checked using the latest build (currently in late testing) and at FL150 with 14000 RPM (190 KIAS) I am seeing approx. 1560lbs per hour, or 230 GPH.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
keithb77 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 5:04pm
It was over a range of settings...but I've just been notified of the SP2 update so I will download and retest that one :)
Cheers
Keith
keithb77 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:27pm
Martyn,
Using SP2 now - but I can't even get to 14,000 RPM at 15,000 ft, the best I can get is 13,840 RPM at max throttle which gives 280 KTAS (from the Z display) and 370 GPH.
Throttling back to 9,480 RPM gives 230 GPH at 250 KTAS, a bit further to 9,000 RPM gives 200 GPH and 198 KTAS.

I'm happy with the speed/GPH at cruise...but the displayed RPM may be too low?
At higher throttle settings the GPH stays at 370 whilst the RPM varies with throttle...
Cheers
Keith
keithb77 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:36pm
Also I note the .air file hasn't changed, despite there being 'FDE improvements' ... is that correct?
I uninstalled again and checked the folder was empty before rereinstalling.

And I find it very difficult to get her on to the ground, really doesn't want to slow down in the air...

Checked RPMs and handling against the old Rick Piper freeware - which seems to be correct...

Cheers
Keith
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic