This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engines already running with AUTO disabled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engines already running with AUTO disabled
    Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 1:46pm
hi, hope you can help. I've had a look at existing posts but not seen the same query I'm trying to resolve.

I installed the 146 a few weeks back and all was fine with startup procedures from cold. Key indicators being I could see the turbines were not moving at all, and engine readouts showed 0% i.e. dead. Following manual checklists all went fine, engines spoolng from nothing, with visible exhaust gas at startup.

At some point it has changed, not sure how. When I load the flight up, the engines are already spinning and showing 24%.even though the AUTO function shows red. I've tried using the AUTO option to kill things off but I'm not sure it's working as expected.
In a final attempt to resolve, I uninstalled and reinstalled the 146 from scratch but it's made no difference.

I even tried shutting off all the fuel valves via the pedestal, and sure enough they all spooled down. I then exited the flight before restarting, hoping that step may have reset something but once more on reload, engines were at 24% already.

I'm sure it's related to the AUTO function and perhaps I am not using it correctly, though it is showing as red.

Can anyone point out where I must be going wrong?
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 4:59pm
What aircraft is loaded in your default flight?

DaveR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 5:28pm
Thanks for the reply - if you mean the aircraft shown when I go to Free Flight from the main menu once FSX:SE is loaded, it's the default Ultralight. I wasn't aware you can set that somehow (and can't see where that's done) but can that affect things? As I said, on initial install the 146 was fine, it's just gone odd since then and I'd assumed it was some accidental misuse or bug in the AUTO option.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:32am
If that still is the ultralight, this not the problem.

You could change this by clicking on "make this the default flight" when saving a flight. I have set mine to Orbx's BOB and a simple airport in the region I fly most.
DaveR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:42am
Right, I've made a little progress I think!
I think I'd been selecting the mission or flight plan before selecting the aircraft. To be fair I've done that many times and it's been fine. So what I tried is to select the 146 first then load up the flight, time of day etc afterwards - and once the cockpit is running, it's properly cold and dead, as it should be!

All I have to do now is get my head around the navigation, localiser and GS on this one now. It feels very different to the 737 and 747 stuff I've mostly used so far! 

Here's hoping the 146 tutorial helps me out on that one!

Thanks for the tip as I think that put me on the right direction with the engine start issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic