This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GR1 A wonderful piece of work.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GR1 A wonderful piece of work.
    Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 7:12pm
I like the Hunter, I really do. But after some of the models of the last couple of years I do feel that there is something 'lite' about it. It certainly doesn't have the depth, either in terms of modelling systems of texturing, of the GR1. having a little time off Ive taken the Hawk and the Tornado out after a little time away: they are beautiful, a real work of art. Because of this I wanted to say that I hope that JF have not been put off high fidelity modelling because of all the hassle they received from the production of those models, because actually they are damn good at it.

In the last couple of years Just Flight have produced models of exceptional quality, especially the military models of Canberra, Hawk and Tornado. These have been modelled with a degree of fidelity that I believe qualifies them to be put in the first rank. Of course when you venture into the area of high fidelity, the sim community goes into 'picky' overdrive. There were genuine  problems with all these models and developers no doubt felt the normal deflation of ego and self esteem that goes with a hoard of critics outpouring a tirade of acid opinion, though many of them were no doubt seeking to outdo each other with demonstrations of their profound awareness of aircraft and digital modelling, texturing and so on. But that goes with the territory and it never meant the models were not first class, it actually - and ironically - means that they were. Its just that the more serious the simmer, the more picky we tend to get. It was actually a sign that the community were really taking these models seriously, not the opposite.

I just hope that through all the company upheavals of recent years and the voluminous criticisms, you haven't chosen to go light.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:31am
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the positive feedback. The Tornado was a big project but we enjoyed creating it and are proud of the end result.

The Hunter was developed by a different team to the Tornado, Hawk, Canberra etc, although our in-house team did contribute to the Hunter project (i.e. the custom-coded fuel system). Our in-house team are continuing to develop complex study-sim level aircraft but we've recently focused on GA (Arrow III, Turbo Arrow etc) rather than military. We have several exciting aircraft lined up for 2017/18 which we hope to announce soon.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
neilG View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:01am
Thanks for the reply Martin, I'll look forward to seeing what comes up.
226OCU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 226OCU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:07pm
Couldn't agree more....As a data programmer myself, I know how much work goes into even simple things. Brickbats are many, praise few.

I have loved "flying" these sims, from the Lightning to the Hawk. I love the complexity and the detail that goes into them. I certainly don't want dumbed down versions of anything, military or GA.

Keep up the good work chaps, looking forward to your next masterpiece.

Cheers,

Rick
Rick
neilG View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:25pm
Aha!! A Tacpack Hawk! Wonderful! Now, just to be the sort of customer that seems never satisfied for a moment, I would love for the GR1 to be TP'ckd!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic