This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Landing gear lever problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Landing gear lever problem?
    Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 3:55pm
Sometimes when I load the Arrow the landing gear lever is in the up position even though the aircraft is on the ground. This doesn't seem normal. And of course there is the beeping sound that goes with it. (The sound goes away when I lower the lever). 

Gee
b1bmsgt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1bmsgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 4:21pm

+1

Master Sergeant, USAF, Retired
Former T-33A Crew Chief
Former B-1B Crew Chief/Maintenance Expediter
Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 3:07pm
Hi Gee,

Are you loading the aircraft from the Free Flight menu or are you loading a saved flight?

Do you have panel state saving enabled?

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
geebee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:04pm
Hi Martyn,

I load the Arrow from Free Flight (Change) menu. Yes, panel state is in saving mode, but I never save my flights. I think the reason for the lever to be in the up position when I load the Arrow is most of the time I end the flight with the plane in the air (therefore the landing gear is up and, of course, so is the lever). So when the plane is loaded again, it still thinks it is in the air (hence the lever in the up position). I could be wrong but that's what I think.

Gee
iflygary View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iflygary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 2:37am
Gee,

Martyn can/may chime in with additional information but I'm pretty certain that is what is happening.  There are times when I will end a flight in the Arrow before landing, hence the landing gear is still retracted.  Once I load up a new flight in the Arrow and the sim  initializes,  it's beeping because the gear level is in the up position on my Saitek panel when the gear is really in fact down and locked on the airplane.  Once I move the lever down, the beeping goes away.  If you can remember to have the gear lever in the down position when you start a flight with it, there won't/shouldn't  be any beeping.  Hope that helps.

Gary
geebee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 1:09pm
Thanks Gary for confirming my theory. This in no way detracts from this great addon.

Gee
iflygary View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iflygary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 3:14pm
Gee,

You're welcome and I totally agree. This is truly a magnificent little plane. I'm also sure that with the new service pack they're working on for it, it will get even better

Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic