This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there a quick fix for this???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there a quick fix for this???
    Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 5:53pm
Please! I dont know what to do! The starting issue with the PA-28 drives me nuts/crazy! No matter what I do, the engine refuse to start... (and I have done/tried everything!) This is so frustrating! Please, is there a quickfix for this? I have send JustFlight a support ticket, but no reply... I payed for for this beautiful bird, and I want to fly it, not just get angry when jumping into the cockpit...
Best regards
Per
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 6:04pm
I don't have a problem with starting, but got used to doing the following for speed when testing edits to the fde, hope it might help you:

Assign a key to 'reload user aircraft'.

Select a default aircraft and do a Ctrl E start.

Switch to the Arrow and it'll start to shut down - if you can catch the mixture lever in time and put it back to its forwards position the aircraft should stay running. If you don't catch it in time, use the 'reload' button you assigned and try again.

If that doesn't work, make sure that the battery is full, the oil is topped up, the fuel master is on and the switches are set for start.

Attempt a start, if it doesn't start fully, press the reload button again and go back up to catching the mixture.

Cheers,
Paul.
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 5:24am
Hi Paul!
Thanks for the tips, it works... sometimes...
But for sure, this is so odd and wierd, and very frustrating! Sure this must be a bug or an issue that JF should look into, and send out a patch or quickfix, ASAP! right? I saw others here on the forum that had the same problem, I am not alone having this issue. so this has to be fixed soon! I hope!
Best Regards
Per
b1bmsgt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1bmsgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 3:53pm
I am also having a difficult time starting the aircraft under certain conditions. Sometimes it's fine, and other times it won't start. I have fuel pressure and flow, but it just won't catch, whether I do a manual start, a P3D autostart, or click on the ready to taxi choice in the menu.

I agree, there must be a bug somewhere. I can switch to any other aircraft and crank it right up.

Other than that, this aircraft is my overall favorite!

Russ
Master Sergeant, USAF, Retired
Former T-33A Crew Chief
Former B-1B Crew Chief/Maintenance Expediter
Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 9:14am
If you can't start the engine after following the checklists/procedures given in the manual or using the autostart shortcut then please contact our support team as they'll be able to run through some troubleshooting steps with you.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 5:39pm
Dear Martyn!
This is clearly a bug! Its not only me having this issue, so Your work is to fix this ASAP!!!
I have read the manual, etc etc, and tried all possible variants to get this beauty started... But no sucsess! There is something wrong, thats for sure... So, dear Sirs, dig in to this NOW at fix it!!! It cant be rocketsience! You have created this masterpiece! Let us enjoy it!
P.

ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:26pm
You need to help them so they can help you with their bug.
Radar88 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radar88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:27am
From a Real World PA28 Arrow III Pilot perspective and just out of curiosity, as you have mentioned the bugs which need fixing.

These are usually fixed through the release of Service Pack updates.

Unable to tell from your initial comments, if you have installed the latest Service pack 2 that is available:  https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc

I would also recommend checking out the FSElite Team You Tube Channel for the 3 Part Series of Review clips on the JF PA-28R ARROW III

Starting with Shane's JUST FLIGHT PA-28R ARROW III: The FSElite Review Part 1

Time 3:24 through to 7:18 minutes. Shane gives a good explanation overview of the menus and demonstrates the Start Up check list procedure of the PA-28R ARROW III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6BUOh4dXxw

You can also check out another recent great clip from Shane the Aus Flight Simmer channel on You Tube with his clip Test Drive | Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III | Prepar3D V3 | 4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiLZ8L3fJeA

He gives another overview explanation of the Start up process from time 4:40 through to 8:18 minutes

Hope this helps.

buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:00am
..."You need to help them so they can help you with their bug."???...
I dont understand this, how hard could it be? The bug is that the plane wont start! not a comlicated bug, (I hope!) Simple as that, (And like I said its not just me having this issue) the engine wont egnite. And I have read the manual, looked at videos, etc etc. And I for sure know how to start more complicated and  complex planes than a PA-28. I Bougt this plane a few days ago, so the SP2 should be included. I follow the steps exactley as it is stated in the videos and written in the manual. Does that work? No!
Solve it please.
Regards
P
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:28am
Originally posted by buspelle buspelle wrote:

..."You need to help them so they can help you with their bug."???...
I dont understand this, how hard could it be? The bug is that the plane wont start! not a comlicated bug, (I hope!) Simple as that

But the bug is scared by many people and hiding, so the engine starts for many :)
Yes, bugs sometimes are like that. Some manifest only under certain conditions, so the solution could be found faster, if you work together with support to isolate these conditions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic