This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cosford 2017 Flightsim Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:26am
I received this picture over the weekend...

However, I'm not sure if that means a floor plan is close, or just a nervous breakdown LOL

mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:55am
Rich - that image doesn't appear to be working for me, it just shows this.

Max
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 11:03am
Thanks for the heads up. Changed to a different host so hopefully its sorted now!

To answer the question about parking. There should be plenty of space as they open up overflows around the museum, and there will also be a shuttle bus running from the over-overflows on the approach road to the museum. 
A few quid will be needed for parking at the museum. Parking charges are explained here - https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/plan-your-day/parking-charges.aspx
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

To answer the question about parking. There should be plenty of space as they open up overflows around the museum, and there will also be a shuttle bus running from the over-overflows on the approach road to the museum. 
A few quid will be needed for parking at the museum. Parking charges are explained here - https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/plan-your-day/parking-charges.aspx

Rich - thanks for the info.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Ray Fry View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Fry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:47pm
If you get down there on the 5th Oct Flog it are doing a show there, just flight been going that long they may qualify as an Antique. 
Ray Fry
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Ray Fry Ray Fry wrote:

If you get down there on the 5th Oct Flog it are doing a show there, just flight been going that long they may qualify as an Antique. 
Ray Fry
I'll put in a commission bid at £20.Wink
Must Fly!
Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:44pm
T-11 days to the start of my Cosford 2017 experience (the drive down from Cumbria the day before the show). Looking forward to seeing the JustFlight guys again, and chatting about flight simulation with a wide range of enthusiasts Smile
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 7:53am
I now have a printed copy of the floorplan, so I am all set for the show!
Ray Fry View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Fry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 4:18pm
I'm ready to go but I may have to avoid just flight`s stands, it has a bad affect on my plastic in my wallet.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Ray Fry Ray Fry wrote:

I'm ready to go but I may have to avoid just flight`s stands, it has a bad affect on my plastic in my wallet.

That's not allowed. We'll need to ban you from the show completely if you threaten that kind of behaviour.  WinkWink
Ray Fry View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Fry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:52pm
Don`t worry I never walked away from a show without something from Just Flight. 
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:20am
A big thank you to the JustFlight guys for organising the show this year. It was very enjoyable, and I was first in the queue again as usual (I was standing outside the entrance door at 8:45 AM) Smile I have already spotted myself in three photos so far!
kevinfirth View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

A big thank you to the JustFlight guys for organising the show this year. It was very enjoyable, and I was first in the queue again as usual (I was standing outside the entrance door at 8:45 AM) Smile I have already spotted myself in three photos so far!

I'll echo that, I didn't get much of a chance to speak to many people this year as my daughter was being awkward, but is always something I will try to get to! Thanks JF!
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:55am
 my daughter was being awkward,"
How well any father knows that. Just when you want to look at something, they tug your sleeve, want the loo, or a nice cake and a drink.
johnep
johnep
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

Thanks for the kind words.  And you're getting earlier and earlier each year.  Be careful we'll have you helping with preps if you're not careful  :)

kevinfirth View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:04am
Careful, Chris will probably jump at the chance! And seriously, I only live 30mins away so if you do want any help next year just shout. Cheers K
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 8:07am
A few people have suggested again that they would like to see the Cosford Flightsim Show become a two day event. Is there any possibility that this could happen? It appears that this year's show was the most successful yet, and I remember John Venema expressing his surprise at just how many people there were at the show.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 5:00pm
It's something that we've debated every year and no doubt will again ahead of the show next year. No firm decision on that either way yet though.

Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic