This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 to 40 - SP4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 to 40 - SP4
    Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:33am
DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 to 40 service pack 4 is now available - http://www.justflight.com/support/dc-8-jetliner/58c0621

Note: Any new bug reports should be submitted to the customer service team (http://www.justflight.com/support-contact)

Change list:
  • Autopilot re-coded for improved usability
  • Fuel system re-coded for improved usability (refer to manual for more information)
  • Manual PDF updated to reflect changes to software since release
  • New ADI/HSI added
  • Hydraulic brake pressure gauge needle disappears at night - FIXED
  • More viewpoints added, virtual cockpit viewpoints improved
  • Right emergency bus fail light illuminates with #4 generator off - FIXED
  • Altitude alerter value now increments in 100ft steps for improved usability
  • 21000/22000ft markings missing from altimeter - FIXED
  • Outside air temperature gauge not lit at night - FIXED
  • Mach meter gauge not lit at night - FIXED
  • First-officer mach meter not working - FIXED
  • Weather radar display missing on DC-8-12 variant - FIXED
  • Fuel gauge texture issues at night - FIXED
  • Exhaust gas temperature (EGT) gauges stuck at zero value - FIXED
  • RMI needles reversed - FIXED
  • EPR bugs missing - FIXED
  • Hour hand on clock not working - FIXED
  • VOR selection switch on First-officer HSI not animated - FIXED
  • Flap position indicator needle going off-scale with electrical power removed - FIXED
  • DME indication windows - FIXED
  • DC-8-12 variant appearing too small in preview window - FIXED
  • Barometric pressure setting on altimeter showing fractional value - FIXED
  • Radio altimeter has no upper limit - FIXED
  • Fuel temperature selector clickspot logic - FIXED
  • Smoke detector selector clickspot logic - FIXED
  • Voltage & frequency selector clickspot logic - FIXED
  • Battery/external power switch clickspot logic - FIXED
  • DC-8-32 SAS has multiple entries in aircraft.cfg - FIXED
  • Yaw damper not working - FIXED
  • No fuel flow when starting engines - FIXED
  • Air start interlock simulated. Engines are started with external power or with cross-bleed if at least one engine is already started.
  • Landing light switch logic improved
  • Discrepency between RMIs - FIXED
  • Auxillary hydraulic pump not generating pressure - FIXED
  • Navigator's altimeter missing barometric setting - FIXED
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:57am
The update seems to have fixed the many outstanding issues. I now see that the attitude indicator on the AH is always 10-20 degrees below the horizon. This is very apparent when flying level or on approach. Can others verify that this is the case.
I've written to support already.
tony
FV
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:39pm
Hi Tony,

Our support team will be getting in touch shortly as this isn't an issue that we can reproduce.

In the meantime you should be able to use the attitude calibration knob (top right of the AHI) to adjust the position of the aircraft marker.

Thanks
MArtyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Mustang1977 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 4:04pm
Hello,

I'am not able to accsess the SP because I have purchased the DC-8 10-40 via fspilotshop.com. It is sufficient to re-download it from "My Orders" in my fspilotshop-Acc?

I don't have an account directly at justflight.com.

EDIT: This seems to be not working because the Setupfile is still from 04.11.2015 with name "DC8JetlinerSeries10to40_TP_105".

So how I can get the Update?
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Mustang1977 Mustang1977 wrote:

Hello,

I'am not able to accsess the SP because I have purchased the DC-8 10-40 via fspilotshop.com. It is sufficient to re-download it from "My Orders" in my fspilotshop-Acc?

I don't have an account directly at justflight.com.

EDIT: This seems to be not working because the Setupfile is still from 04.11.2015 with name "DC8JetlinerSeries10to40_TP_105".

So how I can get the Update?

Third parties such as fspilotshop.com will be getting the update from us shortly.  We need to make sure all is ok with the update before we issue it hence the delay in third parties getting it.

Hope this helps.
Mustang1977 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 4:33pm
Thanks.

Please give the word as soon the update reaches fspilotshop.com.
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:11pm
So far looks good. Two issues I came across running in P3D V3. The flap indicator gauge is pointing at 9:00 O'clock position and does not move, (I have reported this bug). Second, and not any fault of the DC-8, but it really does not like the effect generators in EZDok V2. If you leave the external effects on the plane it will wallow along the taxiway like a drunken sailor, and almost flip at any speed. I have found the external generators can play havoc with many of my planes, so I tend turn them off. Thank you for the update and hard work. Bob
RetroPlanes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetroPlanes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:18pm
I bought it from flightsimstore.com so please tell when the new update is available from them as well.
Thanks for getting this update out. Smile
flugkapitan911 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flugkapitan911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 6:06pm
Would like to know when the update is available at PCAviator also!

Thanks,
Scott
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Bob57 Bob57 wrote:

So far looks good. Two issues I came across running in P3D V3. The flap indicator gauge is pointing at 9:00 O'clock position and does not move, (I have reported this bug). Second, and not any fault of the DC-8, but it really does not like the effect generators in EZDok V2. If you leave the external effects on the plane it will wallow along the taxiway like a drunken sailor, and almost flip at any speed. I have found the external generators can play havoc with many of my planes, so I tend turn them off. Thank you for the update and hard work. Bob

Hi Bob,

Can you check to see if the file 'DC8.gau' is located in your P3D gauges folder? If it is, please remove/rename it and then check to see if the flap indicator gauge works correctly.

We encountered the same issue when using EZDOK v2 but we're not sure how that tool calculates its effects. We ended up disabling the tool effects too.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
superflyer991 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superflyer991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 3:59pm
When can we expect to see the same SP for the 50-70 series?
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Originally posted by Bob57 Bob57 wrote:

Hi Bob,

Can you check to see if the file 'DC8.gau' is located in your P3D gauges folder? If it is, please remove/rename it and then check to see if the flap indicator gauge works correctly.

We encountered the same issue when using EZDOK v2 but we're not sure how that tool calculates its effects. We ended up disabling the tool effects too.

Thanks
Martyn

Thanks Martyn, I removed it and that did the trick. Must drive developers crazy trying to get each new plane to work with everyone unique FS setup. Thanks again Bob.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:37am
Thanks for the confirmation Bob. We have updated the installer to remove that file if it's present.

Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:38am
Originally posted by superflyer991 superflyer991 wrote:

When can we expect to see the same SP for the 50-70 series?

It'll follow along in the coming weeks. We are in the process of incorporating the 10-40 Series fixes/improvements into the 50-70 Series, updating the manual etc.

Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
triflyman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triflyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:56pm
Martyn,

I see that FS Pilot Shop has your products on sale this week with 35% off...would like to use that to repurchase the DC-8 and Livery Pack.  Will you have the SP4 version to them before it goes off sale?

Thanks,
Garry
superflyer991 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superflyer991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:58pm
Thanks for the info.
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:31pm
The SP4 has been sent to all third parties today so should be in force on those sites shortly.

Now if you'd all purchased from us in the first place you'd not have had to wait.  :)
triflyman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triflyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

The SP4 has been sent to all third parties today so should be in force on those sites shortly.

Now if you'd all purchased from us in the first place you'd not have had to wait.  :)

I did purchase from you the first time, before I asked for my money back after waiting almost a year from the "temporary" SP3.  Be glad to purchase from you again if you have the same price as FS Pilot Shop.

What say you?
Garry
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by triflyman triflyman wrote:

Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

I did purchase from you the first time, before I asked for my money back after waiting almost a year from the "temporary" SP3.  Be glad to purchase from you again if you have the same price as FS Pilot Shop.

What say you?

I understand your predicament.

This is what I've done.  Our Easter sale will kick off tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning latest, I've added the DC-8 10 to 40 to the sale listing, meaning you'll be able to get it at half-price for a few days during the sale.

Does that help?

triflyman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triflyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 9:36pm
That's great...more than fair...I'll order as soon as it hits.

Thanks
Garry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic