This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrow SP 1 - Sounds?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrow SP 1 - Sounds?
    Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:17pm
Some very nice improvements in SP 1 for the Arrow. Unfortunately, the sounds were not among those updates. Folks, how is it you get no sound pitch reductions all the way from full power down to about 19" manifold pressure? IRL you do your initial climb power settings by sound in machines of this class and fine tune when you've got a minute and you're not scanning for traffic or watching the primary gauges if IFR. In this aircraft you can't even set cruise settings by sound because there is zero change in sounds from full power until you get all the way to a typical slow flight or descent power setting. It's surprising more people aren't questioning this. Think about it - if you are driving your car and you push down on your gas pedal, the engine rpm's go up and you can hear that. Get off the gas, even a little, and you hear that change immediately. Airplane engines are no different in that respect and sound is one of the basics of an FSX. As many others have it right, there's no reason it can't be in this airplane too. For me this is an immersion killer because I think I've got a stuck throttle and I never had a stuck throttle in a lifetime of flying IRL. For that reason, I'll park the Arrow and hope another update to address the sounds comes out (if refunds were available for software, I'd be asking at this point unfortunately). Without one, I'm afraid the Turbo Arrow won't even be a consideration.

Glenn
Glenn
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 2:04pm
Hi Glenn,

As mentioned elsewhere, TSS are working on the sounds and those changes will be included in the next update which is due to be released shortly.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
BeaverDriver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
Well, pardon me while I wipe the egg off my face Embarrassed.

Thanks Martyn, and my apologies. I should have researched it better. I'm also very happy to hear this because otherwise I think this aircraft is head and shoulders above the competition. So, I'll leave it with you then and go put some ice on my backside which has just received some pretty good kicks courtesy of me (and deservedly so).

Thanks again and again my apologies.

Glenn
Glenn
iflygary View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iflygary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:42pm
Glenn,
When I saw your post, I got excited because I thought maybe I had missed an update patch to the sound I've been following any and all updates to the Arrow since it was released. Just as you've mentioned, the more time I spend behind the controls of it, the more and more it's becoming my favorite. I also agree big time in regards to the sound issue. There's virtually no change in the pitch of sounds until you pull way back on the throttle. Definitely a far cry from the real thing. Hopefully soon the updated sounds will get released. Happy flying in the meantime.

Gary
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 9:01am
Hope to have the updated sounds within the next couple of days and then the next SP can be released Thumbs Up
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
BeaverDriver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 4:13pm
Thanks Gary. The way I see it, there's not a lot to do on this aircraft to really polish it off.

Sounds great Martyn. Looking forward to it! I'm sure it will really enhance an already superb product. Thanks for keeping me updated.

Glenn
Glenn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic